Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
kimidoug
I wonder if the difficulty is related to Spotify and Amazon Prime Music as
competitors.
jaydee77ca

#16 in this article seems to indicate that it's possible if your have two amazon accounts - one for each Spotify account:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolenguyen/amazon-echo-tips-and-tricks?utm_term=.fg1j6NN43#.pb7wxZZyY

Is it correct? I couldn't get it to work.

My wife and I each have our own amazon account. Both accounts are in the amazon household on the echo. We each have our own Spotify accounts. My Spotify account is linked to my amazon account on the echo. My wife's Spotify account is linked to her amazon account on the echo.

I can play Spotify on the echo when using my Amazon account. However, whenever I switch the echo to my wife's amazon account and try to play Spotify Alexa says Spotify is only available on the primary account.

tbrianjones

It would also be helpful to be logged into multiple Spotify accounts on my phone app on general so I can switch between mine and my wife's. Perhaps this could be integrated into the echo system. 

Dlyflla

Totally agree with this - at the moment it makes the family subscription I'm paying more for almost useless if one of us is listening at home whilst the other is out!

clp1000

Any news on this ?  Me and my wife also both have seperate Amazon and Spotify accounts.  We should be able to swich between them on the echo while we're both in the house.  After I say "Alexa, switch user" then the new user's Spotify account should be used.  Currently, I can only play Spotify from my phone on the echo

Fatwhitey

Upvote! I have a spotify family account and both an echo and a tap (and a google home). We can only play music on one of the amazon devices at a time.  Very frustrating. 

frogster99

Yes here again looks like I'm going to cancel my family account this should be priority 

joshulux

There is a big problem in not being able to listen to different Spotify accounts on different echo devices in the same household, but actually the problem is worse than that. Beyond that, when someone asks asks Alexa to play music at home, whatever music I'm listening to on Spotify (e.g. on my mobile in the car or at work) stops playing. When I press play again on my mobile, I've lost the position of what I was listening to and am instead listening to whatever was requested at home. There is no warning to either party that you are interrupting music that someone else is listening to. 

If this is not fixed soon, I'm going to have to cancel spotify and switch to Amazon Music. I prefer Spotify, but it is driving us crazy, and we've invested a lot in multiple Echo devices throughout the house. 

ctreardon

59 Votes and more - as this issue is spread across multiple forums. SPOTIFY, can you at least talk to us!? Let your amazing customers know what is in the works. Can we count on you SPOTIFY?

thecoldvein-us

How is this not an option already? Why have the ability to sign into your own Spotify account if you can't use it as a secondary household member?