Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
thakki81

Please make this happen!

Vincento

Just upgraded to Family on Spotify so we could use our four echo devices independently. This is a very poor show. My children dont need Amazon accounts they are too young and dont earn money. Come on Spotify and Amazon, sort this out you have had plenty of time.

coffeencoke

Even when switching the device to my wife's account, and when she tries to play Spotify, Alexa says she can only play Spotify from the primary account. Please change this so we can play Spotify from whatever account Alexa is actively using. She is in my Amazon household, and she is in my Spotify family plan. 

Thorvarium

That is just ridiculous, how can you link 2 accounts in the app and only able to listen to one.... should be released with this feature long time ago since Alexa and Spotify have househouds.

I would have canceled spotify already if Amazon Music had a better collection.

chriswinterss

Hello Spotify - Have you any comment on this - A simple response would be apprecited....Not responding to your customers usally means your not intrested.......and you want us all to cancel and leave?.....

SnazzyBootMan

When you have a familty account this is really annoying when five people are trying to use Amazon Echos around the house - would love to have the ability to switch between authenticated spotify accounts. It makes sense to add this account switching to the Spotify Skill but I can see how Amazon account switching (with a linked Spotify profile) would be useful in some cases where everyone has an Amazon account (which three of my family members do not). 

buckybadger

We need this!!! Status?

nebbenj

Please make this possible. You'll sell more Echo's

JasonReynolds

Please make this happen!! I have a family subscription to Spotify, household sharing and several Echos and Dots around the house. The only way I can get around it is to register each device to a different family member's Amazon account so that everyone is a primary user of at least one device and then get everyone to share playlists etc so they can be played on all devices by everyone. A lot of work and huge admin overhead for a feature that should be easy enough to implement.

aaronbarker

+1

It is lame that this is not an option