Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Play multiple Speakers at the same Time

I recently got six(6) of the 2nd gen Amazon Echo Dots and placed them everywhere in my home. And I realized the policy of Spotify that is limiting to only one device to play music at the same time bothers me a lot when I set Spotify as a default music libary. For example, if one of my family members asks one of Echo Dots in his/her room to play music A, then music B on another Echo Dot I'm listening to stops playing.

I know there is Spotify Family Plan but my kids can't join that because they are just young and they don't have any email account yet. And also I don't want to create an account for them yet.

I believe Spotify could make possible to play the same music over multiple Echo Dots under the same network at the same time somehow even while it's not possible to play music on other multiple devices. Maybe by verifying some factors like if it's for Amazon Echo Dots under the same network under the same account.

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
ivomilkovic

With this feature I will definitively get back to Spotify as my default music streaming service!

realriot

4 years, 26 pages within the community forum and 160o votes and Spotify does not consider it necessary to comment at least once.

B3NS
I gave up on Spotify ages ago. Amazon for me now. Don't regret it at all.
masonc

I was considering upgrading to the Spotify family plan but with this limitation it is not worth it

MrJalla

It's insane that this has not yet been addressed!

I've been on family plan for years but I am seriously considering switching to another streaming service because of this.

Stroica

Even after 6 to 7 years since this was raised the issue is not solved.

Dear Spotify staff, gently putting this up in your inbox. 

Please have a look, make a lot of users happy and benefit from new subscribers. 😉

Brandonturpin

Switching to Amazon music until this gets figured out 

masofon

This needs an update. I would happily pay extra for a subscription that allows me to stream different music to different echoes around the house.. Multiple Spotify accounts and multiple Amazon accounts is NOT a solution in the slightest as it completely undermines how the connected Echoes work in a household. 

I want to be able to listen to my music while I'm driving home from work, while my husband can listen in the kitchen whilst he's cooking and we can have the baby's sleeptime playlist going in the nursery while they settle.. from the same Spotify account, sharing the same playlists, across the same Amazon account, across multiple devices (Amazon or otherwise). This is how it needs to work.. and until then perhaps I need to cancel my 8 yr old premium account and switch to Amazon music.

This would be a much more useful and relevant feature than 'Family Accounts' which are just ridiculously confusing and add no real functionality or value. Makes me wonder what your UX Research team is actually doing.

mcinnes01

Yeah I'm a long time spotify user, but this is becoming really annoying now. Both me and my partner work at home and despite having a duo account, we can't actually use it like that as one account is associated with amazon. So when both at home we still can only have one thing playing at a time, and when I'm out as my email is the one associated with amazon, I can't listen on my phone if my partners is listening on an echo device at home. Amazon music solves this issue, so perhaps that is the solution if Spotify is unwilling to provide one.

wilmu

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just want for others on my family plan to be able to see the connected amazon devices on their phone. Amazon and Spotify ask you to have separate accounts and then we combine them together in these family plans, but devices remain tied to just one account. Anyone in a family plan should be able to control any echo device from within Spotify tied to the "household".