Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Stop auto shuffling Songs when you request an Artist via Alexa

You changed the setting so that Alexa auto shuffles songs by artist when you use your voice to start spotify.  For some reason, I have to request this as a new idea for you to reverse the setting.   You already can tell alexa to shuffle when you request an artist.  Why would it auto shuffle and force you to interrupt the music you just started to play?

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
pumasg

Please reverse.  We were totally satisfied with Spotify and Alexa until the shuffle feature.  No longer.  We've been looking at other streaming services for the last hour. 

Kennyf2

What a rubbish idea, change this back please, its a deal breaker for me I'll need to find a new provider if this continues my home experience is ruined

RyanWeaver

Agreed with the rest.  Change it back or will find another provider.

7Downing

Are you guys serious? I don't want this shuffle-"feature". Make it optional or bring back a change in the options but the way you did is just **bleep**. Thank you for nothing! And now go ahead and fix it please!

haloulisi

because of the auto shuffle function it is not possible to start an audiobook with Alexa. Please change this.

maffi

Hello Spotify, have the same problem. Please fix it! :S

pdmark

Why do we have to vote on something you broke

Nothankyou7

This change has completely broken our experience with Spotify on Alexa which is the primary way we consumer music at home. Please change this back and do more customer research before making such a significant change to a key user scenario.

Dinocotilletta

How do we turn off this auto shuffle feature?  It sort of defeats the purpose of using Alexa if I have to go into the app beforehand.  

hubtone

Terrible Idea! I would be amazed if a single user likes it. No need for voting.