Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Stop auto shuffling Songs when you request an Artist via Alexa

You changed the setting so that Alexa auto shuffles songs by artist when you use your voice to start spotify.  For some reason, I have to request this as a new idea for you to reverse the setting.   You already can tell alexa to shuffle when you request an artist.  Why would it auto shuffle and force you to interrupt the music you just started to play?

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
mojo_milvain
Really?? I’m away for the weekend so will have to test out when I get back.
Breakout2

For me it works only on first 5 max 10songs on each artist and then it goes back to shuffle mode which is not really and fix to be honest. Try it on Nirvana it will play the best max 10songs and then it goes back to shuffle mode for me. Compare it what is under top song from them on playlist and after 5-10songs it goes back to shuffle mode. And it is on each device sonos and amazon echos. Can anyone try it on yours devices?? For me is this a partial fix still not happy with this fix.

PeterFromCologn

Seems to work again as expected! Great.

Feels good that our posts were finally taken into account.

Or was spotify never looking at this?

would be interesting to know if the community is heard and does have an influence.

Osiasya

Just connected spotify and Alexa and was super disappointed when I asked it to play my liked songs it automatically plays songs from like years ago. I thought it was going to start at the top of my list which would be recent songs I am really into right now. Please fix this its so annoying I can't toggle the shuffle without opening the app which defeats the purpose of the voice commands! 

alansalinas

Why has this not been addressed? I DO NOT want auto shuffling please and thank you

magicturkey

AFAIK It has been!

Jasper22345

This is anoyying, now cannot even change if its in the online app or echo or even desktop app

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Lyux

has anyone resolved this yet? i think this issue stems from amazons side.

andresilva1997

Spotify!!!! Solve this soon. I only bought my alexa to play spotify and autoshuffle is the most horrible thing inthe world.