Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
pyster

Vote to get features back? Really? Just bring the feature back. You have **bleep** everyone off.

mcrvaz

unbelievable

MICHAL89

We are living in 2019 and for spotify masterminds widget is "new idea" xD

Other great "new" idea for you guys: play/pause button, next track button.. Oh and this is totally awesome: previous track button!

**bleep** my creativity is beyond limit, check this: shuffle option! 

CrypticCod3r

The widget is definitely not a necessity for me, but I think it is a nice feature to have and I can't imagine it is too difficult to maintain to be worth the time.

Also... I think your vote button is broken. If you spam click it, it keeps going up (not that I would try that, or anything...). Maybe I'm just seeing new votes from other people as it refreshes...

Lastly, something that annoys me is that Spotify will disappear from the notifications panel on the Lock Screen if music is paused for too long. I would rather it stayed there much longer...

Dragoshade

I think it would be a great idea to, at the press of a button, continue playing where left off. Means don't have to open the app. Wouldn't be hard to implement. BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE IT!

Moridin8738
Actually...I misspoke/mistyped. For some reason I get Shazam and Spotify
mixed up. My bad for blaming Apple (although I still detest that company).

I still feel, however, that removing the widget was the single worst
decision. In this day and age where consumers have a multitude of choices
for music, removing such a pivotal and useful feature is ridiculous. I
dare say that the widget also helps drivers be safer. As of now, there are
way to many actions to get to the app.

I am in agreeance with all those who posted that they will be cancelling
their subscription if this feature is not returned.
Coronandoando

How many votes does this need for you to look into it? 1,311 votes surely is as much as an idea can get! I can't believe you thought about removing the widget but not adding the 'swipe to queue'. Backwards thinking!

RobertJCW

What a STUPIDEST company.
Remove a function everybody uses, and then ask customers to vote it back?

You betrayed your users. You let us disappointed. What a shame, Spotify.

BillK01

Totally agree.  One of the things I like about Android is being able to have an onscreen widget for music control - the drop down kind of stinks.  Please bring back the widget.  Family subscription here.

Benelli18

Me and my family are done with this app.  Spotify has been a BIG let down lately.  In the last 2 months I have had  to un-install and re-install the app 3 times because I get a "can't log in because you are offline" error and get locked out of the app.  So every time I have to download all my offline music again.  This happened to me when I was camping for a week in an area with no reception.  Garbage... and  don't even get me started on how terrible this app works on a Samsung Galaxy watch.  Removing the widget is the straw that broke the camel's back.  Fix your mess Spotify.