[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-08-13

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to reintroduce. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
chuckhawks
Casual Listener

What a great idea! Why I might even keep my Premium subscription active if such a widget were to be offered! 

soundsofsteve

#BringBacktheWidget

ChiToATX

So you want to differentiate your product by removing useful features that make it easier to use. Did you talk to your marketing team? Your also by removing the widget your app is also less visible. The widget is a constant reminder thay you exist. I love you Spotify but something in your company culture allows for thoughtless decisions. If Apple music has an Android widget you better be keeping pace matching feature for feature otherwise you'll lose your loyal fans that have been with you from the start.

fuc_you

Maybe you could remove the votes here from the monthly salary of the person that proposed removing the widget. Seems like a stupid idea? Well guess what, removing the widget was even more stupid!

joshmehler2
Visitor

I really can't understand why you would remove something that works so well and provide such great accessibility to users. Just bring it back. Very simple.

Brey

This is such **bleep**, Spotify! I like my widget! That was a big deciding factor between you and Google . I've been having issues with playback lagging, only with Spotify recently . This just made my decision to leave and go to Google. I have no lagging issues and they have a widget. Even Amazon's crappy app has a widget. WHY DID YOU TAKE IT AWAY?

ireneee1

What made you think this was a good response? You are clearly trying to lose subscribers. My student account is almost over so I'll be cancelling when that runs out and giving my $ to YouTube. Idiots to continue ignoring the obvious problem. 

kak_-8ed9x29j

Please re-add this feature

@nicb19 wrote:

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

LTC2793
Visitor

This was the dumbest thing ever. Why would you take away the widget? For what logical reason? This almost makes the app a hassle to use. C'mon guys! Put it back! 

Andedjup
Visitor
How can you remove the Widget?!?! 
Seriously annoying!!
I need it ❤
Put it back, please

and by the way...
Fix the soundquality to your competitors standard ie. Tidal 
Qobuz etc

Or I'm out