[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-08-13

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to reintroduce. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
gigabitjack

I literally use the widget every single day, and I use it to control music from my phone and on my smart speakers in the house.

Now I feel like I have a gaping hole in my life, just like my homescreen on my phone...

only4pro

This is something Spotify should address same way as Microsoft did with the person responsible for getting rid of the start menu/button in Windows 8. Someone needs to get fired.

dbluck
Casual Listener

cancelling subscription as the app is now useless. nice job guys

ronaldo781
Gig Goer

Incredibly dumb move to remove the widget.

flyingACE
Music Fan

#bringbackthewidget

Truely not a fan of its removal

redserpent7
Casual Listener

So you You first dropped the widget, then locked the community thread that was discussing your dumb decision to drop a widely used feature. Now you want us to vote to add the widget back yet you've already made your decision not to as you marked this idea with a Not Right Now status.

Who are you fooling with this, you removed the offline mode, you removed the widget, you messed up the entire interface, the app pauses every now and then, playlists take forever to load, app crashes frequently and hangs.....

Get**bleep** straight spotify, this is the last straw... if you don't get the widget back in the next update I'm switching to Amazon

Starks87

Forget the vote. Family subscription being cancelled if next update does not reinstate widget.

Davecanswim123
Visitor

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I want the the Widget back

Mirez2000

And.... uninstall complete.

Deezer, Google music, Amazon... lots of alternatives, all of which with companies that dont force their changes on you. See ya!

JNSRider
Visitor

Same problem. Since a few days there is no widget anymore. I don't know if it was an update. 

Very disappointing for an app like Spotify. Pls bring it back!