Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
flyingACE

#bringbackthewidget

Truely not a fan of its removal

redserpent7

So you You first dropped the widget, then locked the community thread that was discussing your dumb decision to drop a widely used feature. Now you want us to vote to add the widget back yet you've already made your decision not to as you marked this idea with a Not Right Now status.

Who are you fooling with this, you removed the offline mode, you removed the widget, you messed up the entire interface, the app pauses every now and then, playlists take forever to load, app crashes frequently and hangs.....

Get**bleep** straight spotify, this is the last straw... if you don't get the widget back in the next update I'm switching to Amazon

Starks87

Forget the vote. Family subscription being cancelled if next update does not reinstate widget.

Davecanswim123

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I want the the Widget back

Mirez2000

And.... uninstall complete.

Deezer, Google music, Amazon... lots of alternatives, all of which with companies that dont force their changes on you. See ya!

JNSRider

Same problem. Since a few days there is no widget anymore. I don't know if it was an update. 

Very disappointing for an app like Spotify. Pls bring it back!

OpalCS

This was a feature I constantly used and loved. I don't always want to open the whole app and wait for it to load. I loved that I could hit play and it would pick up where I left off. Really poor choice to remove it.

Sonacles

I will cancel my subscription unless the widget is back by the end of this month. I'm saying this because spotify is my best app for music.

mrsteryan

If this wasn't such a monumentally poorly handled cluster**bleep**, I'd be almost impressed at the tone-deaf nature of how this is being handled. My subscription renews monthly on the 10th, so as far as I'm concerned, Spotify has about 20 days to fix this before I go back to Deezer.

Do the right thing.

VJ1980

You are seriously not thinking about customers needs. Why would I want to make an extra maneuver to change a song or access spotify. Bring it back please