Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
warriormk

Very disappointing that you removed the widget. Used it many times per day every day since i signed up to the service. Please bring it back and think of improving it further (e.g. make it resizeable, add a button for streaming destination).

FullMetalKarl

Please, please, plllleeaasseee bring this back. It's such a useful feature and there is absolutely no benefit to removing it. Your solution to the problem is flawed and doesn't come close to working the same way as the widget did. 

Dragoshade

I'm sure you are aware, that only a small amount of your userbase is going to interact with the forums / "ideas". If you think 5% which is generous, thats equivilant to more than 100,000 votes

HWSR

Wow, a widget? What a great idea! All other music providers have already one. I think they would catch up the quality distance to other providers with such an argument.

Mush-77

If the widget doesn't return, I'll be switching to another app

miahiv

Is there a time limit until paying customers and normal listeners have to request a feature?

For example an Android widget how long has to be requested so it becomes a reality?

Thank you!

I love Spotify ❤️

Gr1mNíR

Your "idea" to save the widget/introduce a replacement IS NOTHING BUT an attempt to sweet-talk

your failure, your **bleep** move, to remove it in the first place.

And in regards to your statement saying "this isn't something we have any immediate plans to reintroduce", i say:

IT **bleep** WELL SHOULD BE!

Since this new update launched you have 10s of Thousands of angry/negative Reviews (2 or 1 Star) on Google Play.

On your Status update about retiring the Widget are more than 50 pages of comments rightfully complaining about your **bleep** DECISION.

And here, on this "idea" page, you have already more than 5,600 votes IN FAVOR OF RETURNING THE WIDGET.

If you dont bring the Widget back by the End of the Month, i'll do what others are already doing;

I'll transfer my playlists & saved artists over to Amazon Prime Music, and i'll cancel my Premium subscription!

At this point, i dont even care anymore that Spotify has the wider selection of Songs/Albums/Artists of my favourite genre [ \m/ ], ATLEAST APM HAS A FUNCTIONING WIDGET!

warriormk

I would like to add that the lock screen player is useless for me and many others as a substitute. When i take the phone to turn on the display it automatically unlocks due to the fingerprint sensor inside the power button. So i never get to see the lock screen and stuff thats showing there.

LionFreak

OK Guys. I'm switching to DEEZER. Unbelievable Spotify wont listen and doesn't are about what customers want. There's also Google play music. Pass on the word!

deezerDOTcom/us/offer

Deezer Family

$14.99

/month
  •  
    56 million tracks
  •  
    No ads
  •  
    Get unlimited skips
  •  
    Offline Mode
  •  
    On all devices
  •  
    6 profiles

OscarBat

One of the most useful widgets on Android and it's now gone. Dumbest move ever.