Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
walp

End of the month I'm moving my whole family plan (6 persons) to Google.

Wake up Spotify.

llamahunter

This is really frustrating as it does not allow one to switch as quickly between this sound app and others. This is very frustrating. This feature removal is silly and that there was not a removal email or notification for those who use is very frustrating. 

Chloejepps

I don't understand why the widget was removed! I've been looking for it and now just realised it's gone! Quite disappointing - just wondering if you did your market research? As a market researcher I can tell you people don't like have things taken away from them that they like and are used to without a very good reason - which I can't seem to find... 

Pinknyc

Is Spotify deaf, your users, yours, are asking you to bring back the Android widget, this is a nonsense decision that is pissing off thousands of people at this point . Again I ask you if your deaf, is silk not stop anytime soon, wake up and bring back the Spotify widget! 

JimiLee

Why or what was the soul purpose of removing it in the first place?  It was a option you could choose or not to as a widget. I relied on that on a daily or hourly basis an you remove it ..... Why? I'm considering dropping this service bc they dont care no more then that about there customers then I'm moving on.

kattraxx

I used the widget every single day.  Doesn't make sense to get rid of it... why did you? 

リズ

Using Spotify on my Android has gone from effortless to a bit of a pain. I have no idea why Spotify would deliberately make their product less user friendly by discontinuing the widget and not offering a decent alternative. It's a handy feature that people like, surely not too much of an overhead to maintain, and removing it with no warning is a move that will just **bleep** off customers. Hopefully Spotify have an amazing new widget planned and just want to surprise us all.

MatthewWilkes

Reconsider this stupid move.

Muzicole

The idea of removing the Spotify widget for Android sucks as hard as it's possible to suck. I access the app through the widget exclusively and have done for years. That's the way I want to do it and I pay you to provide the service I've always had. You removed the widget but I'm not paying you any less. Why is that, exactly? I demand that you reinstate the widget to conform your app to the usual Android media player standards. If you don't, I'll be contributing to the regular complaints you'll likely be receiving from the army of users who want it back, until you change tack. I'll also be reflecting my displeasure to Vodafone, who provide their customers with a Spotify deal. I'll also be considering other music streaming services. Reconsider this stupid decision and do it now. 

PHANTOMTHK

I found a solution for me and the widget problem. 

I canceled my premium subscription and use deezer premium. Maybe this helps to let them know how disapointed i'm with the remove of the widget. 

I'm sure we can write 10000 more comments and all we get are nice words, but the one thing a company feels is when they are loosing / not getting Money. So long... i hope someday soon they'll bring the widget back. Maybe i'll come back to Spotify Premium then.