Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
cigalolo

Voilà obligé de payer 2,5€ pour avoir de nouveau le widget que vous avez retiré sans prévenir personne. 

Donc mon idée est que vous me remboursiez les 2,5€ puisque je paie mon abonnement premium familly à presque 15€.

C'est normal que vous me remboursiez cette sommes.

Ci-dessous le lien vers l'application payante que j'ai été obligé de payer pour pouvoir continuer d'utiliser "Spotify" comme avant que vous fassiez cette erreur grotesque. 

Cordialement. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=spark.me.spotwidget

WillySis
This is just an add for an  payed alternative for an basic function. All streaming services provide such a widget. Spotify should provide a widget as part of their service.
Djstubzy

Removing the widget is such a backwards step for Spotify its nonsensical. 

Going through the community thread it appears ALOT of people agree and I'm more annoyed that Spotify appear to be sticking their head in the sand and not budging on this. 

I have to say I've been teetering about moving onto a different streaming service and as minor as this issue is I think this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me...

Djstubzy

Spotify you have until the end of August to reinstate the widgets or my subscription is gone. 

Simple. 

#listentoyourcustomers

tomvale13

Just canclled my premium service, not because you took the widget away, but because of how you've (not) responded to the thousands of paying customers who've complained.    I wonder what kind of customer research was done that led to the decision to remove the widget? Let me guess: none. 

ciaragilsenan

Why, WHY, would you remove such convenient functionality? It makes no sense and as a premium account holder (having accepted a price increase earlier this year without complaint) I find it highly frustrating. I am really unhappy. The app is much less user friendly now. Swiping down doesn't work for me since other notifications get in the way when all I want to do is see the track info or change song.

Very bad call. 

Jaggs666

Currently trailing Amazon Music (I had Prime already) obviously getting used to the different layout and functionality but seems to have the songs I want with no additional costs. 

I don't have Alexa but the is some functionality though Google Home and can cast to various devices with no issues. 

AND IT HAS A WIDGET.......

If all goes well, I will be cancelling my Family subscription forthwith.

AMCA

SPOTIFY, are you listening????

Mugginz

Thank you to the non-widget users who are supporting the cause based on principle. Spotify's attituide on this issue is unacceptable.

#listentoyourcustomers

gamesphere

Screenshot_20190821_123135.jpg

Yea, it really shows...