Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
neubs

New idea? What a farce. Just bring it back!!!

gilzow
Can't tell if serious or sarcastic... 🤔
mscazaresb

Testing other services, first thing I noticed, their sound quality is much better than Spotify's. Deezer has a widget, unfortunately the music controls only work if you open the App. Trying Amazon Unlimited now, looks promising. Let's just accept the fact that Spotify don't care about their paying customers and the widget is not coming back, time to jump ship fellas.

Adagio

Like... Some other services gives you a month free to try it out. I'll give them a month to decide what they wanna do. The widget isn't optional for me. It's how I launch the app. And it's how I use the app.

It's just such a pain moving the library. I have a CSV file with most of my music at least.

InfinityLoop

TuneMyMusic.com works to pull your Spotify playlists to other platforms like Deezer / Tidal etc.

I've done it for both now.

nowidget_cya

Nope I am not going to recommend a third party widget, or soution to stay with Spotify, I will tell my kids not to use it  and won't use it for my life based on principle , I wish for you to become like Kodak 

tdurden911

You guys are worse than people who make dogs fight for taking the widget away. 

ollywood

Quite annoyed about removal of this feature,was one of the main ways I interacted with the app. Has disrupted my home screen layout. Don't really understand why removing features that are useful is a good idea ? 

Bananna

The Spotify widget has been the number 1 most used feature on my cellphone since I began my subscription a few years ago, and was part of the reason I was happy to sign up for premium. Im pretty disappointed. I rely heavily on Spotify for my daily music fix, and with a 90 minute one way commute to work, I find it frustrating that I can no longer sift through my music while driving due to a lack of ease. 

Kotak

How to turn your customers against you 101, what a joke spotify. Guess it's just to get more ad revenue from the free users? What a spit in the face to your premium users. Guess it's time to look eleswhere.