[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-08-13

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to reintroduce. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
theadamsegal
Casual Listener

Major fail. 

ShadDaTiger

I don’t have an Android phone at the moment but I know how beneficial widgets are.

Tigermaster36

I have rolled back to the factory version of Spotify that came with my phone and disabled updates, this reinstates the widget, just a temporary work around while we wait for Spotify to realise that this was a much used and valued feature... 

LaurensFr
Visitor

Better bring this back...

grimlock49
Casual Listener

I want my widget back. I have used it since launch. and I have been a premium user since launch. Always easier to control when exercising. Sad times.  This is what separates Android from Apple **bleep**.

LionFreak

Spotify clearly isn't interested in good customer service to long time paying members. This feature reduces easily controlling music while driving. I'll now consider if there is a better app available and way that i pay for music.

Skydiei
Casual Listener

Please add back in to the next update, should have never been taken away. I actually thought my phone had the problem as I couldn't believe it had been taken away intentionally...

AvelinoP
Visitor

If widget doesnt return by next week. Will simply unsubscribe my family account. Simply knowing it was removed for absolutely no reason, no benefit is incomprehensible and almost wanting me unsubribe right now. Whos genius idea was this anyways? And what thought process was used? If any......

Starks87

Agreed. Removing it was a foolish idea in the first place.

Imperiu5

what a dumb move. First remove a feature almost everyone on Android is using, then have a vote to reintroduce it again. 

Get the widget back or I'm cancelling my subscription and moving to another application, plenty of choices out there.