Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Comments
Mikabl

Goodbye widget? Goodbye Spotfy. 

Tilion90

Well apparently they removed it so we are forced to open the app to see ads and recommendations. Will effect premium users too. 

TBH I know spotify doesn't make money, but why not just raise the price? I'm more than willing to pay more. It's a great app and I love it and use it daily. 

Thulak837

Spotify employee #1: I know how we can make our site better, lets stop letting people know how many songs are on a playlist.

Spotify emoyee #2: lets require our users to press more buttons before the search bar allows them to type, we can add an extra screen for them to weed through.

Apple Employee #1: iPhone sales will improve if you remove your widget. Apple will pay Spotify $100,000,000 to remove that darn widget from Android.

Spotify CEO: Excellent brainstorm guys. Lets put these ideas into motion!

Rj707

I'm going to cancel my membership if the widget isn't brought back. It's too much trouble navigating without it. This is unbelievable! 

pankajsammal

Removing an existing feature which was perfectly fine and asking us to vote to get that feature again. What a waste of time.

The only reason I used Spotify over youtube music was widget. Now if both doesn't have it then I think I'll move over to youtube music as If I'll have to suffer I'll suffer where I'll get a little more for my money. 

Sundvor

This is rubbish, Spotify. Especially when the lock screen controls aren't working for many.

I've only had this for nearly a decade - so why should I care when it's suddenly gone, right?

coolguy1541

I joined this forum just to say wth is wrong with you guys taking away the android widget.  Your software is already glitchy as **bleep**. Trying to increase business in the podcasting space and spotify often doesnt remember where I left off and drains my battery way too much.  Cant afford to do this with apple music, Google play, pandora, and now shareholders out there now

aschles

I honestly will cancel my premium family subscription if this isn't brought back by the end of the year. Absolutely terrible idea from Spotify to remove this feature.

rsanche

All of us are using this widget on a daily basis, multiple times a day!!! BRING IT BACK.

surakin

Seriously, who decided to remove this? Are you insane?