Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android]: Bring back "Pin playlists to homescreen"

According to a discussion on https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Move-playlists-to-Homescreen/td-p/5453989 it is "currently not available".

Albums are possible to be pinned to the homescreen, but the support to do the same with playlists is removed recently

Through this way I would like to request to add this functionality back to the android app

Updated on 2022-12-05

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Joan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-11-10

Hello @maffia-ric and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Peter

@maffia-ric - just to confirm, are you referring to the option to create a shortcut of a playlist on your phone's home screen by clicking on the three-dot menu > Add to Home Screen.

If so, I just wanted to avoid confusion with two other similar features, 1) Pinning content in the Your Library tab (which is possible) and 2) Pinning content in the Home tab (which isn't, but has been requested before in Ideas).

maffia-ric

Hi Peter, I meant indeed the adding to homescreen of the android OS that used to be in the 3 dot menu.

PandaJ718

Yes, bring this back. Why take features away. This was very helpful for my uncle who listens to music when undergoing dialysis treatment. He can’t navigate the app so I would just place his favorite playlist to the Home Screen. 

Peter

Thanks @maffia-ric 🙂

Found this relevant thread which has been answered by Spotify Mods - for context: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Add-Playlist-to-Home-Screen-feature-has-gone-missin...

thenerdangels43

Agreed! I don't want to add a playlist to my library if I intend to listen to it, it's easier and better to add to my home screen. It doesn't make sense to only keep this feature for albums. I'm very unhappy with this update.

Aegean1970

I totally agree with the idea to bring back the shortcut to home screen!

And I will never understand why sometimes, also in many other apps, useful features are taken away... IMO every update should add some new features, not deleting existing ones.

Penquin1972

First, I want to know why an extremely useful function, one which is essential to the way I use Spotify, has been removed. It makes no sense to reduce the usefulness of a service, even if only a small percentage of users use a particular function. It is part of what we pay for.  

Second, I want the function restored. The only reason I use Spotify is that when I had to move from Windows Phone to Android I found the Android version of the Deezer app didn't support pinning albums or playlists to the home screen. (The Windows Phone version did.) I have several screens with albums and playlists pinned to them, and I need to be able to organise them as I wish, and see them at a glance without going into the Spotify app and searching through it. 

This is a deal breaker for me, because this is the way I use Spotify, pinning very large numbers of albums and playlists to the home screen so I can see all my most played music at a glance, and then swipe to a other pages to see different genres of music. I use playlists all the time to customise an album to my liking, and without the function which has been removed Spotify just becomes frustrating. I am also concerned that if Spotify get away with this, then next they will remove the ability to pin albums. If the function is not restored I will be looking at other music streaming services.

Fluxer

Why did they even remove this function..? It is very useful to quickly open my favorite playlists/ albums.

Now I need to install a 3rd party app for this function or find a music stream service that does provide this.. Is that what Spotify is going for? 

Spotify app UI design team seems really clueless. 

ismtayydn

hi