Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android]: Bring back "Pin playlists to homescreen"

According to a discussion on https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Move-playlists-to-Homescreen/td-p/5453989 it is "currently not available".

Albums are possible to be pinned to the homescreen, but the support to do the same with playlists is removed recently

Through this way I would like to request to add this functionality back to the android app

Updated on 2022-12-05

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Top Answer
BoredFish
Regular

***update: I did get a playlist shortcut back on my Android homescreen finally. Try going into the app drawer, long press on the Spotify icon, the Playlist i wanted popped up in the context menu, another long press sent it to the homescreen.

***update 2: Wasn't sure at first how to control what playlists show up in the long press pop-up but so far it has worked by navigating to the Playlist and hitting the phone's homescreen button and going back through the long-press process above. Each time the most recently displayed playlist in the app was visible in the pop-up.

I'm a little late to this party. My last two phones had the shortcuts automatically transferred over by the phone backup service; so I had no idea this had been removed until my most recent phone transfer didn't bring them with it! Super bummed. I used those homescreen shortcuts literally every day.

Like @phrozenstare mentioned, my work vehicle is a Ford Transit van fleet vehicle. No android auto even though it's a 2019 so the shortcut was a huge lifesaver while driving. Not every new vehicle has fancy tech.

Comments
mkaratas

deneme

ismtayydn

deneme

mkaratas

deneme

ismtayydn

last comment

Monkeypony

Bring back the "Add to Home Screen" option for playlist! I don't know why you would ever take it away??? It makes it easier to have your favorite playlist more accessible on the phones home screen. For me, I am a fitness instructor and have different playlist that I will rotate through and use throughout the year for my classes. It makes it easier for me to add the playlists I'm currently using directly to my home screen on the phone so they are more easily accessible during class and I don't have to waste time scrolling for them. Please bring back the "Add to Home Screen" option. Thank you 🙂 

Jumelini

Please bring this function back! It's imperative for opening up playlists quickly while I'm driving! 

Lynelf

This was so useful for so many reasons, I'm actually considering moving platform because of this. It became a nightmare to look for a playlist.

VenterraZero

Just to leave this here.
In another forum-thread a wonderful fellow found this workaround:

Chrishan29 
Visitor
2 weeks ago

Hey everyone,

I had the same issue and found a workaround on another forum that worked!

Play the playlist so it that it is in your "Recently Played"

Slow press the Spotify app launch button on your home screen

Then a list of Recently Played playlist appears

Slow press the playlist you want to add to the Home Screen

You can now drag it across your Home Screen

Hope it works for y'all too,

Chris

MadmanOnWheels

Yeah. Bring it back. It should've never been removed. I used it, to add certain playlists to a folder on my home screen, so I could quickly start a playlist, for riding.

novashibe

They've removed the ability to do it for playlists AND albums now. This is a joke. Why remove useful features like this?