Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android]: Bring back "Pin playlists to homescreen"

According to a discussion on https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Move-playlists-to-Homescreen/td-p/5453989 it is "currently not available".

Albums are possible to be pinned to the homescreen, but the support to do the same with playlists is removed recently

Through this way I would like to request to add this functionality back to the android app

Updated on 2022-12-05

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Top Answer
BoredFish
Regular

***update: I did get a playlist shortcut back on my Android homescreen finally. Try going into the app drawer, long press on the Spotify icon, the Playlist i wanted popped up in the context menu, another long press sent it to the homescreen.

***update 2: Wasn't sure at first how to control what playlists show up in the long press pop-up but so far it has worked by navigating to the Playlist and hitting the phone's homescreen button and going back through the long-press process above. Each time the most recently displayed playlist in the app was visible in the pop-up.

I'm a little late to this party. My last two phones had the shortcuts automatically transferred over by the phone backup service; so I had no idea this had been removed until my most recent phone transfer didn't bring them with it! Super bummed. I used those homescreen shortcuts literally every day.

Like @phrozenstare mentioned, my work vehicle is a Ford Transit van fleet vehicle. No android auto even though it's a 2019 so the shortcut was a huge lifesaver while driving. Not every new vehicle has fancy tech.

Comments
MGJG

Please bring this feature back! It was so handy and I used it all the time

Nenominium

This feature was really helpful in quickly opening my favorite playlists instead of finding it in app, which take a few seconds. It feels icky knowing the feature was there, and now it's not, making the experience worse. 

Jo_achim

It's unbelievable that this brilliant feature is gone. Hope it'll be back very soon!

ktjyyz

Not just playlists but albums (us album people still exist). This was the most important feature to me. Not sure why it was removed. 

Nedpoleon

There is nothing Spotify love more than making their app worse for no apparent reason.

Skeeterskier

I have a free subscription to Apple Music thru my Verizon account, but I used Spotify for the sole reason that I could pin my playlists to my Android homescreen.

Now that this is gone, I have no reason to stay with Spotify. I'm gonna save a few bucks and cancel my subscription, for what it's worth. If they think deleting useful features makes good business sense, why stay?

Whoever made this decision deserves a pink slip. 

Lynelf

I see you changed the status to Good Suggestion when this is actually a feature that has been here for a very long time and was suddenly removed. On top of that my app keeps lagging. I see no reason to stay. You make the experience awful and you don't even pay the artist as well as other platforms. This is goodbye.

Eukamonster

Wir haben die Funktion für unsere kleine Tochter genutzt. So konnte sie ihre Hörspiele alleine starten.

Ohne diese Funktion ist es nicht möglich, dass sie die Hörspiele oder Musik eigenständig hören kann!

Damit hat sich für uns das Familienabo erledigt...

_ace_rimmer_

Having to load up the app to load a playlist is simply against car safety. Having my playlists all laid out on the home screen I can simply flick and click at a traffic light when its safe. Takes 3 seconds. Having to open up the app and flick through menu after menu, all which take ages to load. Super super unsafe. Super inconvenient. Whoever rolled back that feature should be sacked.

amikelatos

The library set up on Spotify is such a pain to use. 
Please bring back that option. It makes the management of lists and albums a dream to use. 
Thank you!