[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that addition, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in the Liked Songs list where now you need to push the top right 3 dots first and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2019-06-20

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-06-20

Marked as new idea.

Geerix
Regular

I totally aggree with @Alenjak7 

The previous "top searching bar" was quite smooth, and I really don't know why can't you keep both placement. No one would be upset if there are more than one option to "find/sort in playlist".

Please, put the "swipe down to search / filter" back, I really miss that quick searching in mobile. 

shar4ie

The ability to see all recently saved songs in one place was very helpful. There should be a "songs" section under the new music tab. It's pretty frustrating this feature is gone. 

Jedebel
Roadie

Agree! Pull down to search or filter should be the default throughout the app including in playlists which now requires accessing search / filter / sort through the three dot menu.

ConorCall
Casual Listener

Please, we need this back!!!

AvengedMikey
Casual Listener

I second this revert. I would also like to request the same for all playlists, as I don't personally use Liked Songs.

JT1826
Regular

Maybe I'm missing what is being asked but I'm pretty sure that you are able to do this already?

if you go to the "Liked Songs" playlist and pull you finger down on the list of songs, it displays a "Find in Liked songs" search bar with a "Filters" icon being to the right of it. Is this not what is being asked of?

shar4ie
Liked songs and saved songs aren't the same thing.
Alenjak7
Music Fan

@JT1826 It sounds like you haven't yet updated to the newest version, unless iOS has it differently. I use Android on a Google Phone, and scrolling down in the liked songs list doesn't do anything. Now I have to literally push at the top right and then at the very bottom to finally start searching. It's not smooth or quick at all.

@shar4ie With the newest update, I'm not sure what you're saying, because 'Saved Songs' doesn't exist anymore. It sounds like you're also on the old version. I'm crazy about updating my apps and I'm tempted to say don't update the app, they seriously dropped it several grades in functionality...

JT1826
Regular

@Alenjak7Yes, I have the latest update (auto-updates is on). I'm guessing IOS is different because that's what I am using. I didn't realize your issue was related solely to Android.... so there may actually be differences. But yes, I have a Shuffle Play option on the top of my screen and then when i drag downwards, it reveals the Search box. It has not always been like this.