Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
DDRExtremist247
Yeah. They actually removed the search functionality from "Favorites" which
was formerly "Songs". These forums are organized so that people don't
repeat ideas but nobody from Spotify even acknowledges. Zero updates.
What's the point of having a community if nobody is listening?
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-06-20

Marked as new idea.

Majandi

Bring back the search bar at the top, I don't understand why is it present at the playlist menu but they hid it in liked songs..

Geerix

I totally aggree with @Alenjak7 

The previous "top searching bar" was quite smooth, and I really don't know why can't you keep both placement. No one would be upset if there are more than one option to "find/sort in playlist".

Please, put the "swipe down to search / filter" back, I really miss that quick searching in mobile. 

shar4ie

The ability to see all recently saved songs in one place was very helpful. There should be a "songs" section under the new music tab. It's pretty frustrating this feature is gone. 

Agree! Pull down to search or filter should be the default throughout the app including in playlists which now requires accessing search / filter / sort through the three dot menu.

ConorCall

Please, we need this back!!!

AvengedMikey

I second this revert. I would also like to request the same for all playlists, as I don't personally use Liked Songs.

JT1826

Maybe I'm missing what is being asked but I'm pretty sure that you are able to do this already?

if you go to the "Liked Songs" playlist and pull you finger down on the list of songs, it displays a "Find in Liked songs" search bar with a "Filters" icon being to the right of it. Is this not what is being asked of?

shar4ie
Liked songs and saved songs aren't the same thing.