Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
Gunrack

I can't actually believe it's a feature that's been removed.

Makes no sense to me... Spotify should be making the app frictionless rather than adding barriers to make it harder to search for music.

It would be great to have the same functionality as searching for playlists within the playlists themselves.

Redinferno
It's just a joke for them, we get played around while they're acting like
dictators.
1995matthewb

Spotify doesn't have 2FA, a basic requirement of any online service, despite thousands of account hacks and multiple requests on here for them to implement it. If they don't do basic stuff like that the dev teams aren't going to consider "complex" requests like these.

susubehbeh

Find in playlist is currently hidden under the playlist menu. A simple shortcut of dragging down the screen down, while you're on the playlist screen, would help ease the frustration of a person trying to quickly find a song to play from their playlist.

Alexander-R

Hello all fellow music and podcast lovers,

I use Spotify a lot on my PC and on my phone. I love how easy it is to search my large playlists on PC. We should try to bring some of this convenience to the mobile experience.

Improve the mobile experience, make the "Find in playlist" tool accessible simply by swiping down while on playlist screen.

When viewing and listening to my playlist, or any playlist, it would be a good addition to be able to (when at the top of playlist) just swipe down from the top of screen and have the search bar pop up to easily, quickly, and conveniently find specific songs, artists, and albums in playlists. 

Thank you and I hope you consider this idea.

berkaykaan1
It’s been years since they removed it, they don’t care about it. They problably have an agreement between Apple and them to exclude some features from Android. I truly wish there was a better platform. I cannot describe how much I grow to hate Spotify since I first commented here. ı hope their monopoly comes tumbling down and I hope some other company that is more innovate takes the lead.
illya

If it's a good idea, why was it a function that you removed?

Why are we here?

Nelvin

Yes please bring this feature back!! 

vveeeee

Hello Spotify Team,

As many of the Android users are frustrated with the way we search for music in our playlist, please bring back the easy to search for music feature back! When I first started using Spotify on Android, the feature to search for music in a playlist by just swiping down to reveal the search bar was there but for some reason, you have removed this feature and instead made it a hassle to get to the search bar. I have written a comment on the Spotify app in Google Play Store in 2019, hoping that the feature would return after a few updates but it has yet been restored. Please Spotify, improve the Quality of Life for your users instead of taking a step back. I hope the Spotify team reads this and does something about it. Thank you Spotify. 

ZedX

My god, this is so frustrating. What's the one thing you want to do on a playlist you listen to the most?

Will I manually choose the "add songs" feature, or will I just search for the song and then add that? The latter.

Will I constantly be making them collaborative? Probably not; the majority of a user's playlists aren't collaborative.

Will I be deleting it? I don't think so, we probably create more than we delete.

Removing the downloads? Definitely not something I do everyday.

Going to the radio? Maybe, but again not something I do everyday.

Well after ALL those options, then I can choose to search my playlist for the songs I have added. Added because I like them. Because I want to play them. Because I want to be able to find them.

This is bad UX design, and you would think the "Delete Playlist" option would be at the very end. It's beyond me why this feature was removed. I want to quickly swipe up, type in my song, and be able to queue it. It should be fast and easy. Heck, I wouldn't complain if the search bar was permanently there as I scrolled through the playlist

To be honest, this whole "make it clean, simple and easy! :D" approach companies take towards designing their software often ends up like this. Essential items tucked away in the wrong place, less features and interactivity, and just not living up to its potential.

Can we add this back already? Or at the least get a reason why it was removed so we can understand the intention?

I sound frustrated and mad and it's probably because it has bugged me for so long, and I'm finally saying something. Here's to seeing if common sense prevails.