Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
psygasm

I 100% agree!

I figured I would just get used to it, but even after all this time since it was removed, on a DAILY basis it still pisses me off!! It's terrible user interface. Navigating the app takes me much longer than it used to, and I am constantly "treading" carefully and slowly so not to click the wrong thing. 

FURTHERMORE! The new library page, doesn't take me straight to playlist like it used to, so there even more steps involved now. 

If my music library wasn't so heavily invested in Spotify, I'd defeinitly leave, but alas, I'll continue to use the app in resentment. 

On a positive note, Alexa multi room feature is amazing, and has equipmed me with affordable multi room sound. Defintiely here for it! 

I'm sick of scrolling down my liked songs or playlists for that matter to find and remove or move certain songs when needed. 🥲🥲🥲🥲

HowellJowls

Totally agree! Almost a year later and I'm still pining for this feature to return. 

jacobhanson1010

Spotify, any justification for this?

Reddyo

Was also blown away when they removed this convenient feature on Android years ago. I use this feature a lot and having to navigate through that menu every time is very annoying especially when you're preoccupied in conversation or something and just want to quickly queue up a specific song, I don't understand why you remove convenient features that people use.

pson

They removed it because it make it easier for us to listen to what we want instead of what their more profitable algorithm feeds us with.

xuckmylife

Pson your english isn't good at all sry. It made it easier for us?.. I don't think they removed it for more profitable things.. I heard that this slide down bar still exists on apple.. in my opinion I just think that it's a contract story between apple and android.. they want it to make the spotify app on iOS more consumer friendly than on android.. in the past this search bar was implemented in android.. they just removed it because**bleep**" on android users.

gnunard

Now they've removed direct search from the desktop version as well. They REALLY don't want you to search for your music. ~"Just press our recommendations so we get those industry incentives" 

pson

@xuckmylif .. If you are to comment on someones language skills you better take a look in the mirror first. You can't even handle punctuation and apparently have poor skills in understanding text.

But to focus on the issue.

Yes the old search made it easier for us, isn't that why we are here complaining about it being removed?

I find my financial scenario more plausible than your "contract between apple and android".

What is that? A contract between a company and a mobile operative system is odd to not say impossible to begin with and on top of that it's supposed to be about the development of a third party app? Sure.

Reddyo

@gnunard I thought it was removed from Desktop after the update today as well which is actually what prompted me to come here, but then I noticed its just moved to the right and minimized to a tiny hour glass icon that you have to click on to expand the search box, would be nice even to just have that on Mobile too.