Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
gnunard

@Reddyo That's why I tried to specify that the DIRECT search was removed; An input field that is "Always on Top" and not hidden behind a button or menu choice. As this Idea states

Finding your music is as, if not more, important as finding new is. Actively trying to deter that is user hostile. It shows that Spotify wants, and probably, needs to funnel users to Spotifys curated and, by industry, bought playlist/artists/songs. 

We're just here wanting to have a better user experience. I've had a go with the API and it is probably about half a days work for any of the talented/knowledgeable programmers at Spotify to make our wants met. There has to be some ulterior motive for Spotifys actions to make sense.

kima09khiangte

After all these time, they don't even want to implement or acknowledge it. If only Google is not too reluctant to support Windows, I'd moved to Youtube Music months ago. And also I'm fed up of this slow and clunky Spotify app. The most incompetent Developers of all time. They can't make the app run smooth, it's just a streaming app. It run slower than many graphics intensive games.

jounityö

OH MY GOD! It's back!!!

MicahMannPrime

OH MY GOSH IT REALLY IS, ITA FINALLY BACK!!!

sietse538

YEAAHH it's finally back. But why not in the playlist with songs you liked.. That's the Playlist I use the most. 

92matte

Is it really back 100% tho? I can only access the searchbar if im at the very TOP of the playlist. Before you could access it wherever you were in the playlist by simply swiping down (scrolling up). And also, if i search for an artis or a band, press play on a track, and then jump to the next track it still does not continue in that specific search i just did. It just plays song from the whole playlist. Don't get me wrong. This is an improvement. But it's not 100% back.

gnunard

Looks like It's not back for everyone? I'm on 8.6.40.929 and don't have it... yet... I hope

Panopamelix

Same as you @gnunard, I don't have it back on last update 8.6.40.929... Perhaps an update on server side? 

djantai

For me it's back! Finally they did it. It took many years but it's here. Unfortunately it's only right at the top. Before you could search at any point in the playlist. But then again I'm just happy they listened.