Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
Redinferno

They👏don't👏give👏a👏rats👏a$s👏about👏anything👏customer-centric👏whatsoever👏

vmc24

Related to this, when you go 'Add to Playlist' on mobile you see a list of playlists - It would be awesome if this list was searchable/sorted like it is on the main screen.

JanCZ

Thank you for putting Dave Edmunds' Tracks on Wax 4 on Spotify - with by far the best Jukebox-song ever (A1 on the Jukebox). But the sound of that album on Spotify is damaged. Please try it again with a better quality.

JanCZ
Thanks to an acquaintance of mine, I now know how to sort the playlists on your tablet or phone in the desired order. Click on "Filters" and choose: Custom order - which just uses the order you've set on your Desktop client. Not only for IPhone or IPad, but also for Android phones and tablets.
pigserpent

It's honestly amazing how dedicated Spotify are to ignoring this request.  It was a UI change that made no sense in the first place, upset a lot of people, and has this much feedback, and yet complete radio silence on their end.  They're committed to following in Youtube's footsteps and making their UI worse with every update, but unlike Youtube at least we can jump ship to other services.

robinbartels

Its been a year... Get on with it!!!

Indemik_RU

How difficult can it be to add a swipe feature that has been there before? It saves your two taps.

Muus

@Spotify, please ... please for the love of whatever .. revert this change finally!! Why was this search removed from the swipe anyway??? 3 clicks instead of a quick swipe across the list, absolute non-sense ....

Ozking95

Yea this is so stupid if Spotify to remove it from Android. 

I switched from iPhone to Android and it's so annoying to search for liked songs.

Also the option to queue by swiping right on songs is also missing on Android.

kima09khiangte

This is the moment you know the company is too big. They stop listening to their community and play a high horse attitude. They also started to treat Android  users as second class citizen while having a feud with Apple. It's a sad truth.