Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
erylance

totally agree, found the filter option useful and now it's more inconvenient to get to unfortunately. 

HowellJowls

Totally agree. The removal of this feature was the worst design decision made to the app in my 7+ unbroken years of being a premium member. I have a bad experience nearly every time I use the app now and am seriously considering switching. 

charcharbeans

Ironic this has been marked as a 'new' idea seeing as how it's a request to bring back a good idea that they scrapped for no good reason.  Please share this thread to as many Spotify users as you can to get it upvoted.  Not sure what it will take but remember, there are other choices out there for music streaming, if how Spotify has been treating you, the end user is a problem, vote with your money instead.

Philleycheese

Yo we need to share this to get votes because I know it probably p****d alot of other users off like myself 

taedium

It is incredible how spotify keeps sabotaging perfect functions for no reason.

"Choose as current playlist" was the best feature of the desktop app and was removed for no reason for instance.

This change makes it a lot more dangerous to use the app while driving, which a lot of people do. 

With the old function, you could type in a few letters without looking at the phone.

This makes zero sense. 

pastjohn

Filtering is an extremely common task when viewing a playlist. If anything, it should be MORE prominent, not hidden behind a menu button. 

Please place the filtering options back where they were.

Or as a bonus, add a floating action button (FAB) with a search button.

neoprodigy

Yes please...

What was done from just sliding down and then search or sort what you wanted to, now I have to tap the 3 dots the slide down to the search, then tap search then finnaly search... wth?

And if one wants to also sort the playlist we have to do it all over again.

Ever heard of user friendly?

mconline

The question is WHY. why the actual Frick would they do this. Spotify is the only place without the most basic features. Wanna remove a song currently playing in your playlist? BETTER HAVE TO GO LOOK FOR IT. oh wait, EVEN THATS FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE NOW. IN BE4 WE ARE ALL PIRATES AGAIN

jaiwareham

Bringing this search back definitely would save time/energy. This function is super handy so it seems silly to get rid of.

Nayro

Very poor design choice, indeed.

Does anyone know the latest version of the Spotify app that have this feature easily accessible?

I'd like to downgrade until it's properly re-implemented.

Regards.