Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
js72787

Any update on when the search bar will be added back or an option will be given to have it always on by default? It is very tedious to use in its current configuration and very hard to do while walking. I'm not sure why this was done in the first place. 

Jᴀᴄᴋ

Good idea.

chidera207

This is terrible design. It's common sense and doesn't need a vote. Also, the ''sort playlist" button is gone which is **bleep** frustrating.

aikhan620

GREAT idea. I'd like to add that for superusers (like myself 😄 ) I have 100billion playlists, and I'd love to see a UI/UX feature where we could sort our playlists into folders and find a way to keep them more organized instead of a perma-scroll to find things. 

jordanchiapet

I recently switch from Apple to Android, and I really miss the functionality of a small bar at the top of my playlists to find songs. Especially when I'm trying to find something on the go, I don't want to go to the ellipses before I am able to search. Thanks so much for the update on this!

Yasar38

Nothing has changed. The search within playlist option is still stupidly hidden in a context menu instead of the magnificent working previous manner.

What I find weird is that in the playlist ''discover weekly'', it is actually possible to swipe down to reveal the search/filter bar. In other playlists, it doesn't work. I really don't get it..

Spotify: why??

rilsoe

Completely baffling to remove a basic search function in playlists - making it so cumbersome. And calling it a "new idea" is just cheeky.

Votto

Spotify! Do you have any update to moved back the search to the playlist main screen?

Tomacawk

Initially I thought this was a bug or something, but no, removing an important feature and placing it in an inconvenient menu was a deliberate decision. Was this removal idea even tested?

Thornblade

Even on a tablet this sucks. Bring back the old way!