Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
Joshua41

Spotify dont give a **bleep** about their users. They aren't going to change anything because of these stupid forums. Switch to Amazon Music.

zenidealist

This was posted in 2018 and has 1700 votes and it's STILL not implemented? For every power user of your software, I think it is an inevitable desire to have a feature that allows us to search our playlists that we've taken years to build and have hundreds of songs on. It's annoying that I can't filter my playlists still honestly. Especially when I'm in a social situation and trying to share a song and spend 5 minutes scrolling through my larger playlists to showcase a song that on your platform! Look, coming from a fellow engineer I know that with enterprise software there's always more to it than it seems to implement a new feature like this but really all we are asking for is a front end search component that filters the playlist we're viewing, that in itself is not difficult. You can do this purely with whatever mobile application logic you're using to interact with your API and it'd improve the user experience of your users. You should really re-consider adding this feature if you haven't already. 

pson

The possibility to search and filter isn't gone, it's still under the three dots in the upper right corner.

Problem is that it's a lot less practical now than it was before when you could do it with one hand. Like with some other turns they've taken with this app.

jack0fhearts

Bump - Im in the 2018 thread and still am waiting for the sort feature to be reverted back

Mmaxwell7281

It's clear spotify don't read or take any notice of this as they've not responded for a very long time. This looks like a designer has suggested creating a cleaner interface but to the detriment of the functionality. I mean, we now have that hideous colour gradient at the top of playlists which takes up a huge amount of user interface space... but no room for a search bar in catalogue application. Madness!

xuckmylife

Its unbelievable that they still haven't done something... I think this platform here is just to wasting time and not to accept the ideas of the users.. it's a shame.. I use spotify for more than 5 years premium now, I have a playlist with 1600 songs AND I HAVE A GALAXY S10+ !!! And it's not a smartphone to handle spotify easly with one hand. **bleep** guys.. **bleep** programmers.. every second day are updates.. but where it the changelog??? What are you updating the whole time??? 

Rizefall

It's actually mind boggeling they even changed this in the first place. There really wasn't a reason for it. Esp when the search bar is at the same place it was before, the only difference is that you have to go through more button presses to get to the same feature.

I'm rude af but the people that made this change should be fired.

vermilionlight

Not only you're unable to scroll down to search your liked songs but this is a problem for all playlists as well. Hope they bring this back.

AdamBeňko

I use search function almost every time I open the Spotify. My friend has iPhone and they still have the old search bar. Why are you doing this to the android users? 

ChiefRocka1520

I was going to suggest this! Thank you so much, it would make the Spotify experience much easier!