Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
jf110

I agree with this post so much. Please bring back. Why introduce an intuitive and very useful idea/design and then remove it a while later?? This isnt the first useful feature Spotify have removed recently and it is really starting to make me not enjoy using the app and is pushing me away from the platform - but then what other good alternatives are there? This feature was especially useful when searching for songs that arent really popular as they do not always come up when you use the main search page. Can't remeber what song it was but I typed in the exact song name and it still didnt come up in the main search results even though the song was saved in my liked songs playlist. Either start putting songs that you have already liked at the top of search results in the main search bar or make it easier to search playlists.

Tartra

This is absolutely what I registered to say!

I like the new sort options, but I always swap between "Recently Added" and "Find by Title" and the number of steps involved in that now is a pain. It's not like Spotify's broken, but cutting down on that number would make for a much, much smoother experience.

fourganders

Just commenting to show my support for this. I can't understand why Spotify would take a nice, elegantly designed feature and deliberately make it worse.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Mmaxwell7281

So what does it take to get the feature back? It to be rated a 'super-fantastic' idea? It was good enough to implement in the first instance just for one of your 'internal teams' to suggest it be removed.

Stop removing and frustrating basic features.

Design at the detriment of useability is never, never a smart move. Remember iTunes before they ruined it by tinkering with it too much? It's a music application. Being able to search music should be at the very trippy top of your list.

"A good idea"??? This was already implemented before the update!

archz2

I agree. Search bar was really useful and appeared automatically while scrolling the playlist. Please bring back the search bar again in its original location. 

92matte

Bring it back asap, please! 

Panopamelix

Please bring this feature back!! For both liked songs and in playlists!

This was so practical, I just can't understand why you removed it... Such a pain to have to click on the three dots (not miss it) and then click on search

Hellome7

Please, bring this feature back. It's almost inadmissible the lack of a feature like this in a subscription-based app so popular like Spotify. Let us know if you guys are currently working on implementing this feature on a future update (and when it's estimated to be released). Thanks in advance for your consideration.