Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Connect] Bring back support for removed BMW Connected Drive Integration

Share this with everyone you know and ask them to vote!

Spotify Integration with BMW Idrive 6 has always been sporadic and not all advertised features work. The latest Spotify versions 8.5.68.904 and 8.5.6.9.934 have bugs and the App does not appear in IDrive at all. The pervious version of Spotify was somewhat unreliable as I had to occasionally repair my phone with the car. I can no longer see the Spotify App in my BMW media list. 

I can only listen to spotify from the bmw bluetooth audio option. 

I've tried pairing an iPhone and the app appears on iDrive. For my android issue I deleted the App data and cache of both Bmw ConnectedDrive and Spotify app. I also unpaird the bluetooth connection between my smartphone car. Lastly, I uninstalled both Spotify and the BMW Apps. Nothing works.

Additionally, it would be great if my Playlist order in my car matched the order on the phone. For example, although my phone app is sorted alphabetically, my car would only show playlists in the order of what was most recently created.

Who else thinks Spotify needs to get it together and provide a quality app that integrates with iDrive?

Fix the Spotify Bug!

Updated on 2020-10-13

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any new news on or plans to reimplement right now.

If we do have any information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
kay0002

Hi @piggyplayer, thanks for the suggestion! I'm just skeptical about downloading apps from the web. I worry about malware.

spotify needs to do the right thing and fix their garbage app and supply the previous versions via the Play store or their website until they fix the bugs🤦‍

emilime

Hi everyone,
I agree with the opinions expressed above and the disappointment but I fear that the only thing we can do at the moment is to make this request for fix known to all the people who may be interested so that they can vote for it to be resolved (I don't think this forum is so well known...).

Kopara_jr

After all these years, Spotify I'm disappointed 😞

#bringbackspotifytobmw

By the way - how many votes this idea needs to gain interest of Spotify staff?

dan_kwc2000

Very disappointing response for a function that's been paid for. For now I will change my rating of on Play store to 1 star.

albertodall

Small comment about your "This feature is no longer available" sentence.

Why??? Who decided to remove it???

We are talking about a feature that has worked for a lot of time, and has been removed without any notice.

Seriously?

"Hey, there's a new version of the Spotify app. Go and update it: here at Spotify we're continuously working in order to improve our app".

Where in the world, silently removing a useful feature is considered an improvement? And without any advise? It's a shame!

Please Spotify, make your service worth paying, even for your users with a BMW and an Android phone: it's not so difficult: bring back a feature that you already have.

Thanks

530dxdrive

Sorry but I am totally confused 😫- So according to a moderator on the thread below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/BMW-Connected-Drive-deprecation/td-p/...

"We received confirmation that the BMW Connected Drive feature has been depreciated. As a result, it’ll no longer be possible to control Spotify via the onboard BMW system. You can however still enjoy your favorite music by connecting to your car’s audio system via Bluetooth."

What exactly does "has been depreciated" mean?  Furthermore why would Spotify be disadvantaging Android users  when Apple users spotify integration still works??!!   Finally why is this being touted as a "new idea" by the Spotify moderator! Its not new, its a bug for us android users - just fix what was already working!!!  I am beginning to regret my move from Google Play to this platform. 

PS - I also note there is no place to comment or reply on the "so called solution posted"..... 

dan_kwc2000

Looks like they need 500 votes to even consider it.

Piggyplayer

Spotify! Very naughty. 

I might call into my local BMW  dealer and ask if they know if Spotify has stopped supporting android with idrive. 

Wait......  I can still use it and it worked great today whilst driving( version 1046)

If I look at my BMW connect app, guess what's available to used via idrive. SPOTIFY.  

If I click on Spotify icon in the BMW connect app it take me to the playstore.

Someone is being very naught with the information there suppling the forum.

So. Who do we believe 

Piggyplayer

Screenshot_20200806-232008_Connected.jpg

Piggyplayer

So. Spotify. Please tell BMW that this app isn't available to use for android users.

Guessing BMW won't like that, or is this a license, copyright issue that we don't know about yet! 

I best talk to BMW. See what's going on. 

Wait......  Is this Spotify blaming BMW, and BMW blaming Spotify. Again! 

🙄