[Android] Disable full screen cover art in lock screen

It has been asked for years and you seem to never pay attention to it.

Can you please give us an option to disable the cover art wallpaper in the lock screen?

The wallpapers look low quality and ugly. I also think they are not necessary, since we have the album cover in the notification already.

Plase, think about this feature. You'd make your users very happy.

If a lot of music players can have this option, I don't see why you can't.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-07-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

KTFA221
Visitor

Please dont bad idea. I love them..

neon-drifter
Casual Listener

Yes and allow for full disabling of album art as an option as well. I don't like browsing the app for music with the chance of coming across stuff I don't want myself or others to see. It's literally just a toggle switch away, please give us this feature Spotify.

Snowcrash81
Visitor

Why do new threads keep getting closed and freshly opened? Losing the historic context and votes here!

keelback
Visitor

An option to disable them is a needed feature.

I listen to Bloodhoundgang for example very often. And some of these cover arts are really strange. And I dont want anyone to see them in Public.

Also, an option to disable them is not hard to implement. Give me the source code and I will do that for you in maybe 2 - 3 days.

I mean, this request is going on for years now, starting in 2016 iirc.

Please do this, Spotify.

Bequeath
Visitor

I search the internet every few months for a solution to this and all I find is Spotify threads that have been closed and then new threads opened but no solution implemented. Please add this simple toggle switch to disable lock screen album art! This is basic app functionality for 2019.

Rising Star 20 Emilia_8
Rising Star 20

I'd really appreciate an option to disable full screen cover. I'd like to see just my lock screen and a notification about what's currently playing with a small cover, just like on the notification bar when you pull it down. 

Rising Star 20 Emilia_8
Rising Star 20

That's how I would like Spotify to look on my lock screen. 

Screenshot_20190913-102757.png

keelback
Visitor

Will also upload my 2 cents.

This is how it should be. And we need it.

Screenshot_20190913-134751.jpg

spacellama
Casual Listener

I'm pretty sure the staff time dedicated to saying "no" to this and previous versions of this issue far outweighs the amount of time it takes for a coder to add a checkbox to a settings page and the unit tests to the CI system.

The problem for Spotify, is whether the amount of subscribers they've lost due to eg., having NSFW artwork pop up on a user's phone screen while the user is at work just because a risque album from the 1970's happened to be in their playlist, is less than the cost it would have taken to pay that original coder to add that checkbox.