Announcements

[Android] Disable full screen cover art in lock screen

It has been asked for years and you seem to never pay attention to it.

Can you please give us an option to disable the cover art wallpaper in the lock screen?

The wallpapers look low quality and ugly. I also think they are not necessary, since we have the album cover in the notification already.

Plase, think about this feature. You'd make your users very happy.

If a lot of music players can have this option, I don't see why you can't.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-07-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Visitor

Will also upload my 2 cents.

This is how it should be. And we need it.

Screenshot_20190913-134751.jpg

• bump! Especially for album covers which I'm not comfortable displaying in public/on the bus etc, I often just download on another app (the play store always has at least a few free music downloaders) as I spend about 2h/day on public transport. Wish I could give it 1000 upvotes!
Casual Listener

I'm pretty sure the staff time dedicated to saying "no" to this and previous versions of this issue far outweighs the amount of time it takes for a coder to add a checkbox to a settings page and the unit tests to the CI system.

The problem for Spotify, is whether the amount of subscribers they've lost due to eg., having NSFW artwork pop up on a user's phone screen while the user is at work just because a risque album from the 1970's happened to be in their playlist, is less than the cost it would have taken to pay that original coder to add that checkbox.

I agree this should be an option. I use public transit. I don't want album art featuring nudity on my lock screen while riding a crowded bus. Google Play Music and Apple Music for Android both have this option.

Visitor

I can't believe this is not already implemented. Who even thinks replacing the lock screen background is a good idea? Really annoying as I use spotify at work and hate having album covers broadcast to everyone that walks past my desk. I will not be continuing after the trial if this is not fixed. Other free music player apps have this feature, it's not difficult. Blocking notifications is not an option as this removes the ability to pause music from the lock screen.

Please. I love my wallpaper for the lock screen. Music artwork is ugly. Forcing it feels like having my personal space invaded. I didn't authorize Spotify to change stuff outside Spotify just because.

Casual Listener

How is this still not a simple toggle in the settings of the app.

Casual Listener

Bump!

This simple option should've not been missing in the first place.

Casual Listener

Please, add this option. My old phone didnt have this feature and It was so much better...

Visitor

Seriously, please can you add this simple option? It's infuriating and making me consider switching to Google