[Android] Disable full screen cover art in lock screen

It has been asked for years and you seem to never pay attention to it.

Can you please give us an option to disable the cover art wallpaper in the lock screen?

The wallpapers look low quality and ugly. I also think they are not necessary, since we have the album cover in the notification already.

Plase, think about this feature. You'd make your users very happy.

If a lot of music players can have this option, I don't see why you can't.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-07-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Ben7581

I agree this should be an option. I use public transit. I don't want album art featuring nudity on my lock screen while riding a crowded bus. Google Play Music and Apple Music for Android both have this option.

gninolps

Please. I love my wallpaper for the lock screen. Music artwork is ugly. Forcing it feels like having my personal space invaded. I didn't authorize Spotify to change stuff outside Spotify just because.

pedropeixotogua
Casual Listener

Please, add this option. My old phone didnt have this feature and It was so much better...

SamGolding
Visitor

Seriously, please can you add this simple option? It's infuriating and making me consider switching to Google

Jhericurls
Visitor

I can't believe this feature has been requested so long ago and it hasn't been implement. It's such a basic feature that should be available.  Please provide this function.

Jhericurls
Visitor

Well this popped up today on my lockscreen...bit embarrassing.

Screenshot_20200115-104040__01.jpg

mateloshh
Casual Listener

Spotify please make it happen. I do not enjoy the low-resolution background and some art covers are just ugly.
Why it can look nice on iOS but not on Android? Is to much to ask to implement a simple checkbox? Or at least to blur it out? 

PixelHamster
Visitor

Just add this it'll make a lot of people happy who don't even know that you can request features...