Need help? Check out Spotify Answers for solutions to a wide range of topics.
It has been asked for years and you seem to never pay attention to it.
Can you please give us an option to disable the cover art wallpaper in the lock screen?
The wallpapers look low quality and ugly. I also think they are not necessary, since we have the album cover in the notification already.
Plase, think about this feature. You'd make your users very happy.
If a lot of music players can have this option, I don't see why you can't.
Updated on 2019-07-09
Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.
I just found a simimar thread from 2014... How can it be that it takes more than 6 years for a company like Spotify to implement such a little thing? Just copy Google Play Music has done:
That's all we ask for. Not more not less. We just want to be able to disable this blurry useless "feature".
I can't believe this feature has been requested so long ago and it hasn't been implement. It's such a basic feature that should be available. Please provide this function.
Well this popped up today on my lockscreen...bit embarrassing.
Spotify please make it happen. I do not enjoy the low-resolution background and some art covers are just ugly.Why it can look nice on iOS but not on Android? Is to much to ask to implement a simple checkbox? Or at least to blur it out?
Just add this it'll make a lot of people happy who don't even know that you can request features...
Bump! Please add this feature Spotify. I have no idea why Google forces audio apps to change your lockscreen background and use an indecipherable blurry version of the art at that, but at least they have an option to turn it off in Google music.
Just switched over to Android from IOS and am kinda shocked to discover this is a thing. Just looks terrible and completely different from the lovely, clean lock screen I've now go going on. Should be a really simple change as well!
This is the idea that I've been waiting to be implemented since 3 years ago. This is really needed as I don't want inappropriate (NSFW) cover art to appear on my phone. Can't be that hard to add this functionality I would think? Please help Spotify. Thanks.
Spotify, this really is not that hard. Literally a single slider somewhere in settings to disable this on the Android app. I rooted my last phone just to be able to disable this. I shouldn't have to do something so drastic for such a simple problem. I don't understand how any of your developers who use Android can stand the crappy low quality albums blown up on their lock screens.
You could even just fix the issue by putting the lock screen changing notification into a separate category from the media playback notification. That way, users could disable them individually in their Android notification settings.
I understand keeping the option around for the 10% of time the album art is actually decent quality and not inappropriate for a lockscreen, but for the other 90% it's just gross having album art. I'd rather just keep it consistent all the time rather than not and I don't understand why having to root my phone, and installing gravity box to make this happen is required. It's insane. I get that it doesn't help these images are like 1:1 resolution or whatever and my phone is 19.5:9, but that that means is that they look absolutely disgusting.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.