[Android] Disable full screen cover art in lock screen

It has been asked for years and you seem to never pay attention to it.

Can you please give us an option to disable the cover art wallpaper in the lock screen?

The wallpapers look low quality and ugly. I also think they are not necessary, since we have the album cover in the notification already.

Plase, think about this feature. You'd make your users very happy.

If a lot of music players can have this option, I don't see why you can't.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-07-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Visitor

My mind is blown that this hasn't been implemented. After reading 6-7 years of complaints this still hasn't been added. We are paying for a premium product and thousands upon thousands have requested this feature. It wouldn't take more than a day or two to implement. What is the motivation in keeping this feature?

I will be going back to Amazon Music. Their premium service has skyrocketed in usability and in design. The lyrics are imbedded in the album art. I don't have to see Genius random artist comments when all I want is lyrics. I don't have to leave the app to see them. Spotify has lost its edge and will eventually lose market share. It's sad because I've been an avid can for a long time...

Casual Listener

Yes please!
Come on team!

I've been following this thread since 2016 but I know it goes before this. How long will we have to wait to have a simple 'feature'? Please make a configuration slider so we can disable this blurry and low quality cover art from our lock screen.

Visitor

So let me get this straight.

iPhone users don't have to deal with this.

Samsung users don't have to deal with this.

This has been requested for YEARS, and is a simple fix as proven by both Apple Music and Google Play Music having this toggle.

So, those of us using other Android phones like Motorola, Pixel, etc. are considered by Spotify to be irrelevant users not worth listening to.

If they don't want to listen to us, we shouldn't listen to them.

I recommend you do what I did: cancel your Premium plans and switch to one of their competitors.

I guarantee you that if Spotify wasn't already a dark app, they would have done the same thing they're doing here with dark mode.

You're just not a priority to them, even when you're a paying customer.

Visitor

I have been looking for a solution for this since past year and I can't find a solution yet, pls I really just want to see my lock screen in this way is that to much to ask? 

Screenshot_20200729-023256~2.png

Visitor

wth... just got a new phone which is new enough to have this shitty feature. how hard can it be to add a toggle in the settings??? i dont want ugly low resolution pictures on my lockscreen!