[Android][Music] Don't pause music whilst recording video

Very frequently, I need to record video of people dancing or singing or otherwise to the music which is being played on Spotify on my phone (often by external bluetooth speaker). For some utterly incomprehensible reason, Spotify has not only decided to make its default behaviour to be to stop music playing whilst recording video, but moreover to provide no optional "opt-out" of this "feature". Surely, if one does not want their music to be playing during the recording of a video, they can simply pause the music on spotify. On the other hand, if one does want their music to be played during the recording of the video, there is simply no option to allow this to happen. This is not just a minor annoyance but a major disruption to my daily requirements of recording spontaneous videos which necesitate the music to continue playing on my phone, rendering Spotify absolutely useless in many situations. Given I am not requesting an extra feature, but simply requesting the ability to opt out of an unwanted and completely unecessary feature (ie the pausing of music when the video app in my Android phone is being utilised), it is not overly difficult to implement.

Thank you

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
EthanEdwards

YES! Spotify, can you please add this feature? I have had several occations where I desire to have music playing during a recording. I would love to at least have this as an option in the settings.

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.