[Android][Other] Connect Spotify to transportation apps

I would like there to be a collaboration between spotify & a transport service (Uber, DIDI, etc.). my idea is that at the time of requesting a trip you can access your list of favorite songs on spotify for when the driver arrives just at the moment of starting a trip your favorite songs are heard throughout the trip (the number of songs would vary according to distance & duration of the trip) This way you would avoid the part of having to link your device with the car or the typical talk of which station or type of music you prefer, it seems to me that that would give the transport service a plus.

Updated on 2020-02-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea. We also added a new tittle for your suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-02-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea. We also added a new tittle for your suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Visitor

I'm surprised this was marked as a new idea. alacransam_123, you may or may not be aware that Spotify did actually roll out integration with Uber. This was available for some time in limited cities and may or may not have gone from there, though I can't recall off the top of my head. However, this feature has since been removed; I'm not entirely sure why, though I suspect it was due to demand. I recall using it once before (I think in NYC?) and it being pretty cool, although somewhat dependent on compliance of the Uber driver given whether or not they themselves felt it was an intrusion. 

Regarding the topic, as recently as January 18th someone posted this video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJTIHhXVhpg

Casual Listener

well where I am from, this idea was never implemented but it would certainly be something that I would like