Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

Hello! The android Spotify icon recently got updated with a black border. For anyone with a dark or black wallpaper, the icon now appears to be smaller than all the other icons on the phone because the black blends in the the backdrops, making it look really off-putting and out of place.

Looked a lot nicer when the logo took up the whole space! Not sure if iPhone users would have the same issue, but it would make sense they do.

HopwHopef this can be easily adjusted!

Updated on 2019-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Crall

The new icon is hideous!! Who came up with that horrible design?

IggyJ

Agreed, new icon looks absolutely terrible.

I am one of the few that actually bother to go onto the community to share my opinion, but I've asked around friends and nobody likes the new icon. Please change it back.

Popomann

Please Change the icon to the old one, it does not fit with the rest of the other icons because of the black border.

dgothrek

Screenshot_20190425-084759.png

Looks like a mini app :'(

With a dark background, it's clearly a very bad design.

ColonialDagger

To any devs looking at this, this (should) be an easy fix! The Android Developer page outlines a "roundIcon" attribute (link) that should allow the regular, fully green icon to be used when a phone has circular icons set.

Absinth92

Please make it fully green. Every coworker with an android phone and Spotify was complaining about this at work today. I've yet to hear one person live or online actually compliment the change...

Kennethfrancis

Fix it Spotify. My OCD is in overdrive. wth reason did you have for doing this? 

TyMcLean

New icon is aweful. Looks like something a new developer would make trying to learn the ins and outs of UX. I hope they change it back soon. This is not a welcomed update.

Egg_Juggler

It's so dinky looking, can this please be changed back to the original design please

Screenshot_20190425-104124 (1).png

HelpfulSoul

Please change it, it has me wanting to delete the app.