Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

Hello! The android Spotify icon recently got updated with a black border. For anyone with a dark or black wallpaper, the icon now appears to be smaller than all the other icons on the phone because the black blends in the the backdrops, making it look really off-putting and out of place.

Looked a lot nicer when the logo took up the whole space! Not sure if iPhone users would have the same issue, but it would make sense they do.

HopwHopef this can be easily adjusted!

Updated on 2019-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Netadvanced

It looks like a mistake from the developers... It certainly looks like it.

I couldn't see management take such a decision unless they don't have their own Spotify account !! 😁

Not only is the icon hideous, it really looks baaaaad amongst other apps...

Spotify, if it isn't a mistake, then consider it as one anyway... 

Samwise98

I know this will sound extreme, but I've actually cancelled by Spotify Premium membership because of this. I was thinking of jumping ship for YouTube Music anyway, so I said 'if Spotify messes up one more thing I'm gonna leave", and then they pull this. I'm very particular about my home screen, I love customising the look so it all looks great. This completely ruined my setup, so I left. Sorry Spotify, you've messed up.

vitaminb7

Agreed, the new icon doesn't make sense. Please change it back Spotify!

TyMcLean

@Samwise98 That really is extreme. Especially since YouTube music offers worse quality music. Besides Tidal, Spotify has the best quality out there. While it definitely is a feather ruffler, I don't think something insignificant as an icon change should warrant moving to an inferior service

symz0r

Please fix this, it is driving me crazy! 😠😠

neilk27

Agree with everyone, this decision is infinitely worse and was 100% made by obnoxious designers who only use iPhones.

tatertot_
neilk27

@tatertot_ wrote:

please keep Adaptive Icons in mind!!

https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design_adaptive

Every other app seems to be handling them fine...except Spotify

OldDroid

Good exampleGood example

AshkanAhmadi

The new icon is catastrophic. It looks really bad and I have a bright background. With a dark background it must be even worse. Seriously, change it back.