Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

Hello! The android Spotify icon recently got updated with a black border. For anyone with a dark or black wallpaper, the icon now appears to be smaller than all the other icons on the phone because the black blends in the the backdrops, making it look really off-putting and out of place.

Looked a lot nicer when the logo took up the whole space! Not sure if iPhone users would have the same issue, but it would make sense they do.

HopwHopef this can be easily adjusted!

Updated on 2019-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments

Forget the icon being smaller on a black background, how about how ridiculous it looks on any other color background. Wished I never updated because of the icon with black border as well as how they changed up "songs" to "liked" and added a hideous looking list when the old version was simple and clean looking. 

Please bring back the solid icon green icon because it's silly to think a black border is wanted by ANYONE. Also not downloading another app to fix your mistake.Screenshot_20190701-042720_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

crisgbv

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Anniversary-playlist/idc-p/47917...

Hey there, voted your idea, please support me, thanks and pass the voice please!!!

Carighan

Agreed, I have the same "issue". It's of course very minor but on my black wallpaper Spotify looks weird, plus the icon is just a simple green on desktop. The green could just be the background for the adaptive icon, after all.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

TyMcLean
You're kidding right? This is an eyesore that should have never made it
through QA and months later you say "Not Right Now"? That's actually
rediculous. Notice how nobody came into this forum defending the change.
That goes to show that the majority of this community either didn't like it
or didn't care enough to comment. Fix this shoddy work
millerjb2

Yea @Tom the icon is unbelievably ugly. I encourage you to reconsider the status. This should be high priority. It makes spotify look like a bunch of amateurs.

Carighan

@Tom, I'll have to agree with the other comments. I understand this is inherently a *very* low priority thing, but at the same time it's also absolutely minor work. All you have to do is remove the green "background" from the foreground layer and use that green for the background layer instead of the current black.

It is, quite honestly, a 1-2 minutes change. Including QA and testing that'd be a half-day job for one person at most, assuming you don't have a dedicated test-pipeline that'd eat up the change as part of the next batch of android changes anyhow.

panchoruy

Spotify: you've done some great work through the years, but this icon was definitely a bad call. The icon might be a “detail” compared to Spotify's features. However, details matter.

Please pay attention to everyone in this thread and take their advice very seriously. 

Get rid of the pitch black background. 

MadmanOnWheels

I just saw this idea, then I thought to check the icon, on my phone. It's ridiculous. Change it back. Also, get rid of the little icon that's attached to the rounded cover art of playlists and such, when you add them to your home screen. And, make the circular artwork bigger, like it was.

Germao

The round icon in android apps has a black background and over a dark wallpaper has an ugly effect, looking smaller than the other icons. Would it be possibly to modify it?

Screenshot_20220406-230450.png