Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

Hello! The android Spotify icon recently got updated with a black border. For anyone with a dark or black wallpaper, the icon now appears to be smaller than all the other icons on the phone because the black blends in the the backdrops, making it look really off-putting and out of place.

Looked a lot nicer when the logo took up the whole space! Not sure if iPhone users would have the same issue, but it would make sense they do.

HopwHopef this can be easily adjusted!

Updated on 2019-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
millerjb2

This icon is the worst! What were you thinking?! I will cancel my family account and encourage others to do the same if it's not fixed soon.

TyMcLean

@millerjb2 well if that's the criteria for leaving you might as well. This issue is over 3 weeks old and they haven't been bothered to fix it yet.

porthunt

This looks horrible. Screenshot_20190519-033751__01.jpg

Dezaer888

It so bad that new icon !! Please give us the old one !!

lollingoutloud

if this is rly bugging anyone else, you could do what i did and use a shortcut maker app to fix it! its definitely a work around and not exactly a neat solution. i used an app called Awesome Icons. i made a png (clear background) of the logo from a screenshot of the loading screen and used the app to set a widget with the png as a shortcut to the spotify app 🙂

Vgoud

@Crall wrote:

The new icon is hideous!! Who came up with that horrible design?

yeah, We want names!!!

Jᴀᴄᴋ

This would be nice on the Google Pixels

Agree! The new icon is odd looking with the black border.

pandaimon

To add an adaptive icon to an app using XML, begin by updating the android:icon attribute in your app manifest to specify a drawable resource. You can also define an icon drawable resource using the android:roundIcon attribute. You must only use the android:roundIcon attribute if you require a different icon asset for circular masks, if for example the branding of your logo relies on a circular shape. The following code snippet illustrates both of these attributes:

https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design_adaptive#creating_adaptive_i...

Vgoud
I am sure they're aware of this.