[Android][Other] Missing a simple way to display only downloaded content in Android Auto

Android auto UI displays all content even if the content has been filtered on the smartphone. Going offline and online is not the most practical way to avoid data usage costs while traveling.

A simple switch on the Android auto UI switching from and to offline mode could be great.

Alternatively, a option in the parameters of the account could be that when playing with Android auto switch automatically to offline mode and reverse when going out the car.

Updated on 2019-01-02

Marked as a new idea :)

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
mrjim_com
Regular

I believe you can.  Go to "Your Library" then "Playlists" or "Songs" or any of the others then swipe down a little.  Then there's a box that says filter with a little icon to the right (3 stacked horizontal bars or 2 stacked horizontal bars over a triangle).  Hit the icon then there's an option to filter just "downloads".

Nevermind.  I see that you're specifically talking about "Android auto UI". 

Ildibad
Casual Listener
I'm afraid that doesn't work in Android auto.I see only shuffle, radio, loop, add, like, don't like, play/stop, forward, backward and queue.Screenshot in attachment.
Rgds, and thanks for the kudo.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-01-02

Marked as a new idea :)

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

G__S

Suggested if not 'downloaded only' then simply a colour designation of download lists, like Green, as they are in the standard interface. Or green mottled if only some songs are downloaded in a list. And white if not at all?

sladaloose
Casual Listener

I absolutely miss this option. Please please add it soon. Thanks. 

dimanov
Casual Listener

It's pretty annoying that they don't want to fix this. Now it became even worst for Android Auto users, the albums list is shown in a completelly random unsorted way...why, why?!? I'll wait few more monts and will join YouTUBE Music, it have all the missing functionality.

Goodyboy
Visitor

This is a necessity.  When the app is set to offline, Android Auto should not be able to play online songs.  More than that, it should automatically filter out any non downloaded content.  Avoid data charges and make it quicker to switch tunes on the road.