[Android][Other] Put the menu back to the left!

Why is it now at the bottom below the song that's now playing? It's taking up 1cm of the screen. Now it's harder to have an overview over all the song in Playlists. Please add at least an option to remove it from there! Or at least to only show this bar with a swipe from the bottom up, I think that would be great.
I know I have a big device where it doesn't really matter, but there are a lot small devices out there.
And the new menu is really annoying to use if you are used to other apps.
Please also read the comments below, there are a lot of great ideas :)
Screenshot_20161121-173407.png
Updated: 2016-11-23

Marked as new idea.

Related Ideas

Comments
jonathantf
Regular

I just started using the new update for android phones, and thanks to the new navigation bar the whole design feels unatural and messy.

it's like using powerpoint like this:

I'd be happy as long as there's an option to switch from the side menu or navigation bar...

Darkcyric
Regular

Agreed, don't mind the look of the bar itself,  but it should have been at the top, not the bottom.

Settings should also be immediately accessed from that bar, not by jumping into another menu first

Epicness281
Regular

I agree if it's not broke don't fix it. At least im not the only person who hates the new ui.

jeffrach
Regular

I can't believe they went from having an app that followed all of the Android UI standards to a tee and then decided to port the crappy iOS interface to Android. Spotify, why are you using iOS UI standards on Android?!

jeffrach
Regular

This is the UI of an iOS app. Android has different standards. Spotify, stick to the Android standards like you have been for ages!

SecretCoyote
Regular

The new Spotify menu bar at the bottom of the app sucks! It takes up unnecessary screen real estate and does not fit the Android aesthetic. Please bring back the hamburger menu as an option.

mrugglesaz
Regular

I am in complete agreement. I'm using an LG G5 which does not have physical buttons for navigating home, back, etc. Instead the G5 navigation buttons are part of every screen so I now have the G5 navigation buttons, the new Spotify toolbar, and the bar showing the current song playing all stacked on top of each other. This takes up a full inch at the bottom of my screen. Landscape mode is even worse, as I can only see two songs at a time in any given list. This new GUI idea needs to be configurable so if people want to use it, they can choose to; the new GUI doesn't work for everybody. Please give me the option to put the menus back the way they were! I HATE the new look & feel.

SpiderDice
Music Lover

Thanks for turning my brand new Pixel device into an iPhone 4 from 2010.

Good job design department. Way to stick to Material Design.

The decisions by major companies blow me away on a daily basis. Is everyone taking crazy pills!?!

mystikcamaleon
Regular

I actually love it.

It could be better if it could autohide and swipe up to show again.

Keep the old option as well would make everyone happy.  I personally hatted to have to go to the top left to go and see the options that are now below and you would have to do it several times depending on what you multitasked on while using it.

Also,  if you don't have reception this makes it easier to get back to the song you were playing. 

FreshT
Music Lover
Make a side menu on both sides of the screen. In the left side menu is the navigation, with Start, browse, etc. below are all playlist with playlist-folders. And at the bottom of the menu are add new playlist, Account and settings. In the right side menu the search will be placed. So if you pull out the right side menu the keyboard automatically comes up. On the top of the search menu is the search box. Below are all search result. Hitting a result will hide the search side menu and show up more details in the middle. The player in the middle at the bottom of the screen should also be moveable, So you can move it up in and not need to hit it.