[Android][Other] Widget alternative - Spotify Classic

I think we all learned something today.

Spotify will not bring back old Features on new releases.

What if there is a different way? One that costs nothing and is already developed?

Same story happend to Blizzard with WOW, they had a beautiful Game and destroyed it with too many new feauters.

As they keep loosing customers they decided to bring back the old client beside the new one, so every customer can decide if he wants to stay with the classic or the new Game.

Bring an old Spotify Version as an additional App to the Store, it costs u nothing because its already developed. But it gives us everything.

Thanks

Updated on 2019-08-17

Marked as a new idea :)

Comments
bigdavegriff
ByeByeMySpotify
Casual Listener

Unfortunately its buggy, doesnt work.. but the idea of an external widget is good

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-17

Marked as a new idea :)

bradywatters12

Yes bring back all the old features that we love on Android through a supported "Old Spotify"!!! 

Jcred7

Do not give their product managers or developers a way to claim they listened to the community via this cop out. There are 12k votes going without answer to revert this change. Compromise is not required, you are the customer and they should listen to you.

ByeByeMySpotify
Casual Listener

@Jcred7

Ur right, they should bring back the widget to the curent App and listen to the community!

But its not only about the widget, there are other features they have added over time some people dont like.

It would be an option to press the pause button and freeze an old version we like, without all the new stuff..

I dont care how i get back my widget, i just want it back.

I created the account here only to do something about the widget, to be honest I dont care about the community, if i get my widget back i will no longer visite this place here. Im a selfish widget-spotify guy

IJaganP
Visitor

Check out SpotWidget, it brings back the widget to the latest version of Spotify as if it was never removed!

Screenshot_1566158524.png

Here is a promo code for anyone who reads and grabs it first - GQVTRR7EMBMVNGXZH7B94DL :)

Forever_NoctrnL

Or just publically ENDORSE one of the 3rd party spotify widgets.  plxzz

edonnelly
Visitor

Best solution for me was to downgrade to an earlier version of Spotify that still had the widget, then block future updates. The last verstion before the widget was removed is available on reddit (and elsewhere). It's working for me!

CaptainDubious
Casual Listener

I downgraded to an earlier Spotify version as well. It has the widget and offline menu too (whose braindead idea was that)?

The thing is it's only a matter of time before they change their API to be incompatible with it, or simply block all versions out of spite. Why would they do that? I dunno, why do they spend most of their "development" time breaking features and removing functionality in the first place?