[Android][Playlists] Bring Back Mobile Playlist Sorting/Searching

It would appear that the newest update to mobile versions of Spotify have moved the Search/Filter options for playlist into a small context menu which is a few clicks and a scroll away.

I don't see the need for this - I (and I'm sure many others) use the search funtion and the sort functions all the time on mobile devices. So the fact that they have been moved elsewhere is really inconvenient - there was no need to do this.

Do other people agree that the search and sort functions need to be moved back to the playlist main screen?

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
alv4
Roadie

God. why ruin everything?
WHY?

PLease bring it back

berkaykaan1
Casual Listener

Seing this post presented as a "New Idea" pains me more than it should have.

nigelvdv
Casual Listener

If there is money at Spotify for developers creating unnecessary changes there should be money for bèta testing and UI experience as well.

Mhoelzel142
Casual Listener

I came here to suggest this idea, glad to see I'm not alone. I use the search/filter menu all the time and now it's moved way out of the way to make room for (another) "suggested songs" feature.

kamikazeboy

They seriously need to change this back! I am really frustrated with spotify, they always find ways to "fix" problem that is not a problem. They need to hire a new app developer or something. 

P.S. Why do spotify have no integrated button that say "POST YOUR QUESTION HERE?" I need to google "spotify community question" . This forum really need a better web designer. How do you post this idea?

smackledorf007

Please yes. Seems like such an inconvenient thing to do on useful features that are so often used just for aesthetic? Also seems like a waste if development time considering there's so many things Spotify is still missing like genres, support for lossless filetypes, duplicate recognition, etc .

DevilGod

Yeah it is true, I always use the searching features to search songs in my playlist cause i have hundreds of songs in one of my playlist.

So I am hereby hoping that Spotify can bring back the Searching function, Thanks.

johankul

I'm annoyed that this needs to be a "New idea". I get that they want to make the UI cleaner, but it's at the expense of the UX.

I tested on another Android device, I need to exit the playlist after changing between ascending and descending order.

I would very much like to see how the devs come up with these "improvements" 

thezombiekillr9
Music Fan

Add this feature back where it was, it did not needed to be moved, that feature was the most HEAVILY used feature, besides, it's TRULY needed for playlists that have 50+ songs (mines 880+)

erylance

totally agree, found the filter option useful and now it's more inconvenient to get to unfortunately.