Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
Farbs

@NewHireOnFire wrote:

Sorry Sethroph, and all users who may agree, but on the contrary, I actually find I use this option more often then the sort by... category. Because one of my main playlists, that I treat as my entire collection, has such a huge amount of songs, demos and remixes made by the same artists, I find that when I can type in a song and it gives me all versions of such song quickly and easier than if I had sort it by any other filter, that I don't mind the option there.

I don't follow what you mean. There used to be a search bar with the "sort by" icon next to it, so they were both easy access. Now both are buried in the menu. Searching for songs or artists is also harder than it used to be (at least on my app).

gunterburns
You still can do this. Go to your playlist -> Tap the three dots for -> scroll down -> "Sort playlist"
TomLegend
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey Folks, 

We're marking this as a 'New Idea'. Be sure to add your vote! 

/T

DDRExtremist247

What's really dumb is that in your 'Songs' playlist, Discovery Weekly and your Release Radar, the search is still available if you just swipe down. Why take it away everywhere else?

Karlsruhe1894

There is no really reason for changing the search function to a 3-click-method. How do you think should we quickly search for a song in a paylist with thousands of titles??? 

DDRExtremist247
To be clear, the search function still exists, it just takes more clicks
and swipes to get to now.
Neiratina

Yes, the function still does exist, only takes a few more clicks to find (in my opinion, such a simple playlist function shouldn't take that much effort though). But my main complain is the fact that they supposedly decided to make the overall UI more simple, yet they sacrificed legibility and accessibility for a text based list with no visual priority at all. Everything is now cluttered under the three dots menu and is a pain to just look at.

Eliyamusic

THANK YOU! Good to know I'm not the only one who that new feature is pissing off. It's completely inconvenient and unnecessary.

mstoltze

In the PC app, the search used to be on the top line, to the right of the forward and back buttons. Now this space is empty. I don't care if search is in the 3-dot menu or below it or not. I just want it back on the top line where it has been conveniently located all along. Removing it is a pointless and annoying change. wth?

beedragoon1

I feel like I've been waiting a year for this why would they remove such a basic feature