[Android][Playlists] Bring Back Mobile Playlist Sorting/Searching

It would appear that the newest update to mobile versions of Spotify have moved the Search/Filter options for playlist into a small context menu which is a few clicks and a scroll away.

I don't see the need for this - I (and I'm sure many others) use the search funtion and the sort functions all the time on mobile devices. So the fact that they have been moved elsewhere is really inconvenient - there was no need to do this.

Do other people agree that the search and sort functions need to be moved back to the playlist main screen?

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
NickSoderholm

What's was the point of this? To lessen the searches done presumably - To what? Save on processing?

buckshot

Agreed, please bring this back. The point of searching for a song is to decrease the amount of time it takes to play it. Having to go through a 3-button-press process makes it take just as long as scrolling to find the song in the first place. It was a very counterproductive change. 

Thesserd

Totally agree, i'm seriously annoyed every freaking day. Not only is it bad that they moved the search to the more-menu icon, what's worse imo is that the search also doesn't function as a filter anymore.

I have this pretty huge playlist and sometimes i want to listen to 1 artist within this playlist (because i don't want to shuffle between ALL this artist's songs), so i searched for the artist in my playlist and it worked perfectly. That's not possible at all anymore.

Ridiculous that this topic is marked as 'New idea' btw.

ParentalControl
Composer

Thanks for bringing this back.

ajott1998

Its been over a year since this message was posted.  Is anything being done about this?!

coltonshaw

I do not understand how a company can take a conveniently easy idea such as "search bar" and devolve into redirecting its users to another menu. The inconvenience is despicable and to think android users are being treated as lesser beings is out of sorts. Of course iPhones still have the scroll/search function because.. why? Is there a reason that you specifically single out coding to one device ( I know they are 2 completely different systems) when it was the same before? Just please fix asap because I already get another**bleep** from my friends about not having an iphone (although galaxy is superior without question) and dont need another reason to catch flak. 

gnunard
Music Fan

I would love a toggle for always on Search bar in all playlists.

DiegoJ1

It makes super slow to do a simple task like search and sorting, it should be more like the deskptop app, it is pretty fast and intuitive to use

Malik1412
Casual Listener

Any news of spotify going to reimplementing it again? This had gone for few months mow

js72787

Any update on when the search bar will be added back or an option will be given to have it always on by default? It is very tedious to use in its current configuration and very hard to do while walking. I'm not sure why this was done in the first place.