Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
Alenjak7

@JT1826 It sounds like you haven't yet updated to the newest version, unless iOS has it differently. I use Android on a Google Phone, and scrolling down in the liked songs list doesn't do anything. Now I have to literally push at the top right and then at the very bottom to finally start searching. It's not smooth or quick at all.

@shar4ie With the newest update, I'm not sure what you're saying, because 'Saved Songs' doesn't exist anymore. It sounds like you're also on the old version. I'm crazy about updating my apps and I'm tempted to say don't update the app, they seriously dropped it several grades in functionality...

JT1826

@Alenjak7Yes, I have the latest update (auto-updates is on). I'm guessing IOS is different because that's what I am using. I didn't realize your issue was related solely to Android.... so there may actually be differences. But yes, I have a Shuffle Play option on the top of my screen and then when i drag downwards, it reveals the Search box. It has not always been like this.

Bensine

ffs bring this back - there was absolutly NO REASON to remove it, all you managed to do was make something people use every single day far less useful...

TotoAbrate

La idea de un buscador mas accesible en las playlist es muy buena, pierdes tiempo y es muy odioso tener que apretar los 3 puntos cada vez que quieres buscar una cancion es tu playlist.

MathewWM

Freaking gat dang YES.

psygasm

YES. This! 

The removal of swipe to search in playlist really sucks! Please bring it back.

Also, my playlist were in a specific order, and now they constantly jump around to most recently played. Really annoying. 

These two annoyances are making me want to change music provider. 

Alenjak7

@JT1826 Gotcha... wow that makes it even weirder, I don't understand what Spotify is doing right now lol.

ConorCall

Holy god pllleeeeaaaassseeee bring this back, I cant stress how important it is!!

pson

You guys are incredible...

You have a useful future that's working great that you all of a sudden remove and force us users to go through this forum and create a post about a great future that would be nice to have so you can mark it as "a new idea".

Are you so out of new ideas yourself so you have to remove some of the old stuff so you can reinvent it again so it looks like your doing something while at work?

Just like Samsung did when they removed the 3,5 outlet just to relaunch it on the next phone as a great new future.

You really think we are that stupid?

Terrigen

Yes, please. Swipe to search still works in the Playlist/Artist/Albums tabs, no idea why they would remove it from songs.