[Android][Playlists] Bring Back Mobile Playlist Sorting/Searching

It would appear that the newest update to mobile versions of Spotify have moved the Search/Filter options for playlist into a small context menu which is a few clicks and a scroll away.

I don't see the need for this - I (and I'm sure many others) use the search funtion and the sort functions all the time on mobile devices. So the fact that they have been moved elsewhere is really inconvenient - there was no need to do this.

Do other people agree that the search and sort functions need to be moved back to the playlist main screen?

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
Fl3xor
You still can do this. Go to your playlist -> Tap the three dots for -> scroll down -> "Sort playlist"
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey Folks, 

We're marking this as a 'New Idea'. Be sure to add your vote! 

/T

DDRExtremist247
Casual Listener

What's really dumb is that in your 'Songs' playlist, Discovery Weekly and your Release Radar, the search is still available if you just swipe down. Why take it away everywhere else?

Karlsruhe1894
Visitor

There is no really reason for changing the search function to a 3-click-method. How do you think should we quickly search for a song in a paylist with thousands of titles??? 

DDRExtremist247
Casual Listener
To be clear, the search function still exists, it just takes more clicks
and swipes to get to now.
Neiratina
Visitor

Yes, the function still does exist, only takes a few more clicks to find (in my opinion, such a simple playlist function shouldn't take that much effort though). But my main complain is the fact that they supposedly decided to make the overall UI more simple, yet they sacrificed legibility and accessibility for a text based list with no visual priority at all. Everything is now cluttered under the three dots menu and is a pain to just look at.

Eliyamusic

THANK YOU! Good to know I'm not the only one who that new feature is pissing off. It's completely inconvenient and unnecessary.

mstoltze

In the PC app, the search used to be on the top line, to the right of the forward and back buttons. Now this space is empty. I don't care if search is in the 3-dot menu or below it or not. I just want it back on the top line where it has been conveniently located all along. Removing it is a pointless and annoying change. wth?

beedragoon1

I feel like I've been waiting a year for this why would they remove such a basic feature 

Kieranp03

The new update is pretty annoying. When you are listening to a playlist, if you want to search for a song or filter the order, you have to click on the three dots then scroll to filter or find in playlist, then you are able to complete these task. 

I think that the old spotify UI where you can just scroll to the top of the playlist and the filter button snd searh bar are already there for convience and it is way faster than having to do all the other unecessart actions. 

Please bring this back!!

20190331_140414.jpg
20190331_140414.jpg