[Android][Playlists] Bring Back Mobile Playlist Sorting/Searching

It would appear that the newest update to mobile versions of Spotify have moved the Search/Filter options for playlist into a small context menu which is a few clicks and a scroll away.

I don't see the need for this - I (and I'm sure many others) use the search funtion and the sort functions all the time on mobile devices. So the fact that they have been moved elsewhere is really inconvenient - there was no need to do this.

Do other people agree that the search and sort functions need to be moved back to the playlist main screen?

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
Rizefall
Regular

There really wasn't a point for it to be moved at all. Who ever thought his was a good idea should get fired, before they do that though they should come here into the forums and tell us why it was done. There is literally no reason. Esp when you go through clicking the 3 Dot menu the search bar still appears at the top.

?!

strok_777
Casual Listener
I can't manage to vote. It seems that is not working or at least I don't have any UI feedback. I totally agree with you. Besides they have removed the chance of playing in shuffle order the result of the search. I contacted support and this was their answer: Unfortunately, when using shuffle, it will always play all the contents of your playlists and will not cycle through your search results. This is most likely because of the new Your Library experience we've rolled out. We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with it. We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the app the way you'd like it. We can't say if or when any specific features will be integrated to the app. But as soon as we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know via the Spotify Community. wth is this? It doesn't make sense to me at all. They keep removing features and making the service worse every time. My only solution is to use older versions of the app. When they decide to block these versions I might decide to stop using it, since it doesn't meet the basic requirements in my opinion. Is there anything we can do? I'm really, really bothered for paying 10 € every month for a service that keeps removing feature. Something similar happens to desktop version.
strok_777
Casual Listener
Can everyone vote with the worse rating available on Google Play /App Store? This is really pissing me of.
Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

I still wish we had this.

ajott1998

Spotify got a new update today. While a lot of the features and the menus have been overhauled and look brand new, the search function is still in that context menu. It's such a shame that this this has been an ongoing problem for an entire year, and still nothing has been done about it. I don't think Spotify really listens to their customers. If they did they would do something about this.

gnunard
Music Fan

The needle in the eye is that if you go: Library then Playlists there's a searchbar "Filter".

Jellybean01
Casual Listener

Seriously, this is Product Design 101: function first, form should be last.

The app lost valuable function for a small change in looks. What is happening with the Spotify design team? It is absurd that this has to be a submitted as a "new" idea all over again, because the design team removed a useful feature. It has been 7 months since the user interface changed and I am still not happy.

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND BRING THIS FEATURE BACK, PLEASE!

1995matthewb

The new UI update has somehow made this particular issue worse - before you could filter through Liked Songs but now you can't do that either without going through the menu. The UI overall is now even more visually simplistic while being overly complicated to use.

Please, for the love of God it's function first, form second.

Witalit

Wow I'm struggling to get votes on another issue and this has 1400+ with no progress. I'm starting to believe Spotify Devs just don't listen to their loyal paying customers. 

DDRExtremist247
Casual Listener
Yeah. They actually removed the search functionality from "Favorites" which
was formerly "Songs". These forums are organized so that people don't
repeat ideas but nobody from Spotify even acknowledges. Zero updates.
What's the point of having a community if nobody is listening?