Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
Mmaxwell7281

Bring this feature back to top of playlists. Hiding this behind a menu option is counter intuitive. 

Main95

I have absolutely no idea why they removed this feature. It still exists on iOS, and it's immensely frustrating not to have.

This should also be for playlists, and not just liked songs

Main95

This has still not been added back, and it is incredibly frustrating. What almost makes it worse is that it's a thing on iOS, so I see absolutely no reason why it was removed on Android. 

This just makes it seem like Spotify doesn't listen to the community

gnunard

I have given Spotify one star on the Play store each update that does not include pull down for search within the playlists and I recommend everyone else to do so aswell. There are over 1600likes on this post, and a couple of hundreds more on related ones. I've tried the other streaming services but I am lojal to and do not want to cancel my premium. But I will one star till the search is restored.

DragoCubed

This is the problem with Spotify Community. Spotify has a million toggles for the UI on their side. You can't just say "You're wrong" or "It doesn't happen to me, you're not up to date". Not only are you wrong but you are also insinuating that we need to keep Spotify up to date. (Just think about all of the regressions and backtracking (Spotify changed the player to have full screen album art and then undid that months later)) Also, apart from testing, premium status and platform are other important factors.

I actually cannot swipe down to search or sort. I have to go to the menu. I dontd think we should have to even swipe down. It should just be there. When we scroll past it, it should go into the top bar as an icon.

Also, liked songs are the same thing as saved songs but the change hasn't fully rolled out obviously

Joshua41

It's not a new idea, it's a feature that was available that's been removed for God knows what reasons and that is still available on Apple devices.

When will it be fixed?

GBrady43068

Added my vote. I tend to name my playlists after year of release and not being able to sort them alphabetically makes them show up out of chronological order.  😣

JanCZ

I want to sort my Playlists by my own preference on my Android Tablet. Since the last update, this is no longer possible. I deeply regret that!

fathercucumber

This has been incredibly frustrating!!!!
PLEASE!!!!!

Also when i save an album, it doesn't automatically go to liked songs which is frustrating also

Redinferno

Jesus, Spotify keeps on being fully deaf about this even though they seem ready to review all the other ideas. They even tried to refresh this as a new idea with 0 votes before! Great job, fantastic project management skills there- it’s almost on par with the soviets!