Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
xfehxd

I hope this gets back, for some months I've been pondering on ditching Spotify. I've lost count on how many times they implemented bad updates in favor of minimalistic looks with terrible usability.

Using Spotify on mobile is becoming more impossible and infuriating with each update. I listen to a lot of music using Bluetooth on the car and I can't be looking and touching my phone because I can't filter a playlist to play two songs without a lot of work.

OneByBoo

Search options are always needed in all playlists.

QuietTenacity

Definitely agree to give back the search option in laylists. It's so tedious to find that small button 

illuminatibaum

Dumbest change i have ever seen. I an paying for**bleep**, stop **bleep**in up a product which was fine

SpencerCrump

Yes, please bring it back!!!!

maazing

I agree. Really awkward change. Could Spotify atleast provide us with an explanation or a thought process behind the change?

Katesaireview

Totally agree with you!!!

renoo6969

I agree with this 1000%

Once I saw the change I immdiately hated spotify for going through with the change. I really wish they gave power users more options for filtering and sorting playlists. Like being able to derive a playlist from a set of filters set on an already existing playlist. I think people would appreciate MORE features/options instead of removing/hiding sorting and filtering options. They keep making it worse and worse in the the sort/filter aspect of a music player...

cp5-3cp_65hoh

Why TF is it not back already!?!?

Jgfru

I agree, this is nuts. I use this feature all the time... Now searching for a song in a big playlist is more complicated than ever. Please put back the old search bar please !